This is a response to my recent post called ‘Top 10 reasons why being a Muslim single sucks’ sent to us by an Anonymous bro. Thanks for getting us to see the other side
Top 20 reasons why being a Muslim single is nice:
1. You have no responsibilities towards a spouse.
2. No resp. towards kids.
3. You can come and go as you please without asking someone or conferring with someone.
4. It’s cheaper.
5. You can have nicer things that won’t get broken by a spouse or kids.
6. You can afford to go on nice vacations if you spend wisely.
7. You can spend time in the Masjid, go all day and night.
8. You can afford Hajj more easily.
9. You don’t have to worry about someone constantly.
10. You can further your education.
11. You can memorize more Quran because you have more time.
12. You can go to more Islamic lectures because you have more time.
13. You don’t have to deal with another person’s nagging or whining or complaining unless you want to.
14. You can tend to your parents more.
15. You can have strong relationships with your nieces and nephews.
16. You have more time to volunteer.
17. You can go study Islam overseas.
18. You can sleep whenever you want and for as long as you want.
19. There’s no fighting or drama.
20. You don’t have to change yourself for anyone else.
If you would like to write a guest post on any contemporary subject, please send it in!! jannahorg @ yahoo.com