Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of Facebook as a way to meet people?  (Read 11442 times)

Muslimah21

Re: Reviews of Facebook as a way to meet people?
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 09, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Hmmmm ok thats weird. anyways.....

facebook is ok for DAWAH... but DAWAH is between women. Men DO not give dawah to women and women dotn give Dawah to men!! its an excuse to get all chatty with them and use the "dawah" card. Tsss its stupid really.
I have facebook, all my freinds are female and relatives and most of them i have met. I have had men contact me for "marriage" my messages i read them and reply... "sorry i dont talk to men" and they never reply becuase they realise i am practicing and thats not what they want. From what i heard from sisters... the guys start with freindly chat, soem even given "dawah" as they call it. lol. and then it starts getting emotional and they start to compliment the girl etc etc etc. and it goes on. Astagfirallah how is that halal?? :S :S

::) ::) ::)

MuslimMD85

« Reply #16 on: Dec. 09, 2009, 10:09 PM »

Hmmmm ok thats weird. anyways.....

facebook is ok for DAWAH... but DAWAH is between women. Men DO not give dawah to women and women dotn give Dawah to men!! its an excuse to get all chatty with them and use the "dawah" card. Tsss its stupid really.
I have facebook, all my freinds are female and relatives and most of them i have met. I have had men contact me for "marriage" my messages i read them and reply... "sorry i dont talk to men" and they never reply becuase they realise i am practicing and thats not what they want. From what i heard from sisters... the guys start with freindly chat, soem even given "dawah" as they call it. lol. and then it starts getting emotional and they start to compliment the girl etc etc etc. and it goes on. Astagfirallah how is that halal?? :S :S

::) ::) ::)

what if the brother messaged backed and said, can i talk to your wali?

i had a sister show interest to me on facebookk before...actually a more than one....

i knew who they were so, i asked them a couple screening questions and either contacted their wali or ended it.

and then i got rid of facebook cuz it was fitna and time-consuming, even though great tool for dawah, specially to non-muslims.

Muslimah21

« Reply #17 on: Dec. 10, 2009, 08:11 PM »

LOL. what a joke... its an excuse to talk to girls. A few screenign questions. The only one who is screening and askign questions is the Wali, father or brother and asking you! not the other way around. I never heard of that before. And a sister talking to you... well i wouldnt have much respect for a woman like that, she probably messaging all the other men too.

I get messages from brothers... but i ignore them or respond simply with... i dont talk to men and i dont befreind them. They then realise i am not that sort of girl, the easy type. And that only serious people can approach me.. or should i say approach my wali.
In all my life only 3 people have asked for my hand the halal way. ONLY 3!!! the rest have tried to do it without parents knowladge. And as soon as a brother does that its a HUGE red flag for me.

How can you know a sister?? i mean islamically that is not possible :S :S

But Facebook i use to stay in contact with mates (FEMALES) and to spread knowladge and also a good way to spread information about Islamic events, islamic society meetings and lectures. So it is how you use it!! if you abouse it and use it for haram then fair enough i would not reccomend anyone use it. But if its for good as i do and many sisters i know do then its is a form of Dawah.

I have never had a brother message me and say can i talk to your Wali. its always can i have YOUR email address, or can i Add you as a "freind"... HAHAHA. freindship concept between men and women is not even allowed in Islam so what are these people thinking??? WHat a JOKE some people are! :S :S

MuslimMD85

« Reply #18 on: Dec. 11, 2009, 07:07 AM »

LOL. what a joke... its an excuse to talk to girls. A few screenign questions. The only one who is screening and askign questions is the Wali, father or brother and asking you! not the other way around.

if a guy really wanted to talk to a girl then he wouldnt need to do that.

so the girl doesnt get asked any questions.....

so after getting questioned by the wali and her brother, you find out the sister is 5 years older than you and then what? Wait dont say o, you might come off as mean and hurt her feelings and make her feel liek a old hag.

I never heard of that before. And a sister talking to you... well i wouldnt have much respect for a woman like that, she probably messaging all the other men too.

its when women say things like that, it causes all the drama and gossip, and cause animosity amongst muslims.

Shouldnt be in your house and not shamelessly communicating with all these random guys on the internet through these forums without your wali present.

How can you know a sister?? i mean islamically that is not possible :S :S

You can know a sister...its called an engagement period.

Sounds like you run in a one way street, just get to know the brother and hide everything about yourself from the prospective brother and expect him to make a decision. And when he rejects, God forbid, he is given the label of being picky.

[/quote]But Facebook i use to stay in contact with mates (FEMALES) and to spread knowladge and also a good way to spread information about Islamic events, islamic society meetings and lectures. So it is how you use it!! if you abouse it and use it for haram then fair enough i would not reccomend anyone use it. But if its for good as i do and many sisters i know do then its is a form of Dawah.

I have never had a brother message me and say can i talk to your Wali. its always can i have YOUR email address, or can i Add you as a "freind"... HAHAHA. freindship concept between men and women is not even allowed in Islam so what are these people thinking??? WHat a JOKE some people are! :S :S
[/quote]

Just because it hasnt worked out for you doesnt mean its not a good means. You are really self centered and think that if its not about you, or not compatible to yo then it wont work for anyone else.

Well after all you are more knowledge than me.

After all you know more about the shia from your prospect than what is/was known from classical scholars and the scholars of today.

Then again, you must have some knowledge that no one else has which lets you call a person shia when he says he follows the qurana dn sunnah of RasoolAllah salAllahu'alayhi wa Sallam.

Well to me - that is  joke.

What do we know. Please enlighten us Shaykha - alIslam.

SisterGirl

« Reply #19 on: Dec. 17, 2009, 11:07 PM »

Jannah wow it's seems you've had a bad FB ordeal  :-[
Well, my brother met his wife on facebook. She prays and covers and is from a religious family.
She is a sweet girl, I'm happy for them. He was looking to get married and contacted her and said he was interested. They and their families started to talk from there. I think it's a fine way to meet someone, as long as the person is respectful and trying to do things the right way, why not? There was a muslim brother that wanted to be my friend but I didnt know him. I saw he was my cousins friend and she said that he thought I was cute so he wanted to add me. He was too old, but someone one their deen and younger I would add  ;)
 Maybe I'll update my page today....

Hamza81

« Reply #20 on: Dec. 19, 2009, 06:29 PM »

Facebook is a place of great fitnah without a doubt. People tend to say its innocent but that is shaythan wanting to sugar coat evil. These places are not good for dawah at all and would cause a person more harm than good. There are many people i know of including my sisters friend who had her account hacked by a 15 year okld boy who then took all her personal details and stalked her online. These places are not safe at all and there are so many practising people who are risking their imaan in being in places like this because men and women are naturally attracted to each othr and where you have a social network then there will inevitabley be desires igniting and evil occuring.

I myself used to have facebook so i know what im talking about and i know what places like these are all about. It is far better to keep away from keeping a facebook account. People always use the same excuse that they only use it to keep in contact with their friends then what is wrong with e mail or using the phone? Those friends will also have friends and they may be guys or girls and that is how things start happening when a person notices a profiel where the sister or brother is attractive to them and things happen from there.

Don't let shaythan fool you by saying that these are good places for dawah because their not. Shaythan lets a person do good if it means theres a chance that he may lure one into doing evil. Think about it its your life but is it better to walk on fire than to be on safe ground?

jannah

« Reply #21 on: Dec. 20, 2009, 06:34 AM »

Jannah wow it's seems you've had a bad FB ordeal  :-[

I think I did at the time, but now I seem to be warming up to it a bit. It might actually be a better place to learn about a person than say a matrimonial ad because you see the person's friends and how they interact with other people, their real pictures, real info etc..

Allahu alam... some Muslims have told me they have met good people through it so I dunno.

jannah

« Reply #22 on: Dec. 20, 2009, 06:41 AM »

haha I had to post this here as soon as I saw it!!!

SisterGirl

« Reply #23 on: Dec. 20, 2009, 01:48 PM »

haha I had to post this here as soon as I saw it!!!

Love it!!!  :)

nblueblaze

« Reply #24 on: Feb. 23, 2010, 09:54 PM »

I use facebook...I maintain very high privacy level and not going thru whether its halaal or haraam, I personally think its a fantastic way of keeping in touch with friends and family. I have met numerous new people through face book who shares same University network as me and goes to the same prayer hall...some of them are practising muslim ladies...but I havent approached them through facebook for marriage or anything remotely romantically...its not proper and definitely not decent.

Jazak-Allah

Nes

MuslimMD85

« Reply #25 on: Mar. 02, 2010, 12:09 AM »

A big problem I see for brothers is that they dont knwo where to find the sisters....

A big problem for the sisters is that they expect someone to come by and propose but at the same time they feel they arent being noticed and brothers dont know if they are ready for marriage....

It seems that if the sisters make a certain amount of information available publicly on facebook then brothers could actually notice them and perhaps propose. And they cna fbe forwarded to the wali after that.

Facebook - It's a new structure for social interaction, and marriage is only possible through some sort of social interaction.

As long as proper islamic ettiquete and morals are observed it is fine. We all make mistakes and the happen on facebook, but as logn as we fix them and try our best not to do them, it is difficult to dismiss this utility as fitnah or haram.

Allahu'Alam

jannah

« Reply #26 on: Mar. 14, 2010, 08:42 AM »

wsalam,

There are a few 'single muslim' groups on facebook. There's one that has 20,000 members!! But it doesn't seem to be moderated or run well. There's spam posted all over the walls including explicit and inappropriate messages and pictures. There's no real discussion or way for people to use it. It's just chaos. The best thing would be for someone to make some type of application that used a group and peoples info to somehow match up ppl better... dunno.

brisingr9

« Reply #27 on: Mar. 20, 2010, 12:56 PM »

Asak ,, I believe fb is to be in touch with ur buddies who already know each other !! As far as proposals are concerned it all depends  !! Many ppl hav met their soulmates thru fb!! Just relax Allah has made sumone special for all of us and we will meet dat person!! Doesn't matter whether it's fb or sumthing else!!

3bdiAllaah

« Reply #28 on: Jun. 13, 2010, 08:33 AM »

fb is most definitely NOT the place to seek marriage for more say, strict minded muslims who are totally against free mixing and cant tolerate it
i think

because

bros and sis joke around, vain talk etc on fb
this can totally ruin a marriage prospect for both the sides

if and only if

both of them are ok with free mixing, would tolerate their potential spouse joking around with other *brothers* , *sisters*

which can never actually happen ( tolerance that is )

then there might be a good possibilty
but there are many points in time during a marriage negotiation when both or one of them would choose to stop free mixing

if both choose to stop
there is a chance for marriage to go on and last

i think if this is not the case
marriage is gona end up in divorce somehow

mind u, there have been examples of this
i personally know one such example

jannah

« Reply #29 on: Jun. 30, 2010, 03:43 AM »

bros and sis joke around, vain talk etc on fb
this can totally ruin a marriage prospect for both the sides

if and only if

both of them are ok with free mixing, would tolerate their potential spouse joking around with other *brothers* , *sisters*

hmm not everyone is livin it up free-mixing and joking around with the other gender etc etc on facebook. there are even shayukh that are on there. it can be a good environment to share articles, resources, events, etc and if it happens that you see someone that's good i don't see anything wrong with taking it to the next level just like if u saw or heard about some1 in real life...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org