Advertisement:

Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of Facebook as a way to meet people?  (Read 11432 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator
Reviews of Facebook as a way to meet people?
« on: Nov. 10, 2008, 11:56 AM »

What do you guys think of it?

wainiki

Re: Reviews of Facebook as a way to meet people?
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 27, 2008, 05:10 AM »

i dont think this should be used as a place to meet people? I dont understand how. Its for connecting with your friends...seriously???? you think?

Jeremy

« Reply #2 on: Dec. 27, 2008, 05:22 AM »

Maybe, but only to re-connect with someone from the past, not to meet new people...
Or, to learn more about someone you met through a friend.

Panadol

« Reply #3 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 12:38 AM »

What do you guys think of it?

i have no problem with it .... and for who dont agree just look around and see how many ppl know another ppl on reall life and then figure out they were lier and cheaters

jannah

« Reply #4 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 06:15 AM »

Ohhh I'm so glad you guys brought this up. I wanted to post on it for awhile. I think Facebook is ATROCIOUS for meeting people and for getting to know someone. Just horrible. It can nowhere compare to real life.

It's basically like if in real life if you were parked outside someone's house in shady glasses spying on the person. Just like FB you hear "half of the conversation", you "see things that you don't know the meaning of", the person is "only showing you want they want to show", and there is "nooo interaction, explanation or getting to know you" at all.

I mean what can you possibly learn about a person?? And people make such assumptions about every single thing. I also find it's kind of a personal thing...why would I want a rishta to be combing through my wall posts from 3 years ago, or examining my friends or whatever else. Also, what if it doesn't work out and it ends amicably you're stuck with them, how can you unfriend them after? What if you want to talk about something marriage/rishta related?

Just too ugly...and it also does not work.

The people who are all for it basically have nothing on their profile and just want to spy on others too haha!

Panadol

« Reply #5 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 08:52 PM »

aha is that about FB only or  meeting online lol

Muslimah21

« Reply #6 on: Mar. 21, 2009, 01:36 PM »

My cousin met her husband on FB,
She is very amture for her age... well i say that. lol but she is 18 and met her husband on there. they were ideal they have same outlook on life, are not very religious enjoy partying. anyways they met and fell in love and are married. i know it unislamic, perhaps its better for non muslims and weaker muslims who do not require alot of inofrmation on that person?

Being moroccan i know alot of moroccan girls who also use it to keep in touch with men they have met while out and about. they exhange names and then pop it into FB when they get home, add that person as a friend and off they go. lol

I do not think you can meet your soul mate on there. i do not think any sort of marriage site or facebook, or myspace works at all. i think its too forced, not natural. like meetign them at masjid and just knwoing right away. (how romantic)

justKhan22

« Reply #7 on: May. 19, 2009, 06:27 PM »

Mashallah, beautiful lol.

Muslimah21

« Reply #8 on: May. 19, 2009, 06:42 PM »

Update another moroccan i know she met her fiance to be, on facebook.... he is from california and she lives in good old england. I dotn knwo how it will work honestly, they are both moroccan but distance is guna be tuff.
Another sister i know also met her fiance on facebook 2 years ago both moroccan and are getting married in the summer. :S

But the only people i seen meet this way are not practicing muslims. They are my friends, and freidns of family..but they do not practice, no hijab, no salah, they barely fast in ramadan. and the men they met are also the same. So it looks liek the only sorts you can meet on thier are half hearted muslims.  :(

gogiison2

« Reply #9 on: Jun. 08, 2009, 01:09 PM »

i actually prefer talking on facebook if it's with women. no, i don't mean 1on1 chat, but on their pages where it can be seen/witnessed and is in public. since we do know often our hearts incline towards those with whom we spend the most time with, hence why we should try to keep dhikr of Allah 24/7.

halfmydeen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Jun. 09, 2009, 06:35 AM »

This forum is to discuss marriage and family related type of topics. Not to debate what is halal or haram. Please refrain from debating other issues and stay on topic please. :) All off-topic replies, judgments and fatwas will be deleted. Jazakamullahu khairan.

Jamilah

« Reply #11 on: Aug. 15, 2009, 06:21 PM »

I happen to know about online dating first hand. I think that two people can meet online however the halaal intentions ultimately ends up haraam if there is no counsil present....(YES) even online! Innocense turns into explicitness in a matter of key strokes. If you wish to meet someone online or not it needs to be structured descent and in order.

Muslimah21

« Reply #12 on: Aug. 15, 2009, 09:41 PM »

Ameen to that jamilah. you took the words right out of my mouth.
Even onlin eyou need your gaurdian to witness or observe what you are saying. Becuase shiytan also knows how to use the internet lol.
He is a pro especially on social networks.

cinders

« Reply #13 on: Dec. 07, 2009, 09:26 PM »

LOL.  :D
I only use Facebook for Dawah purposes. There's no way I'd use it for anything else, unless someone said they knew someone (potential) & I added them just to see what their picture looked like. I have tried this twice, but these potentials I've quickly realised are definitely not what I'm looking for, as their profiles revealed too much. I did actually "UNFRIEND" them.

You have to understand some Facebook users are only there to make out they have like 200+ friends. I mean come on who has 200 friends? I only have 22. I've met all of them personally.

MuslimMD85

« Reply #14 on: Dec. 08, 2009, 06:58 AM »

LOL.  :D
I only use Facebook for Dawah purposes. There's no way I'd use it for anything else, unless someone said they knew someone (potential) & I added them just to see what their picture looked like. I have tried this twice, but these potentials I've quickly realised are definitely not what I'm looking for, as their profiles revealed too much. I did actually "UNFRIEND" them.

You have to understand some Facebook users are only there to make out they have like 200+ friends. I mean come on who has 200 friends? I only have 22. I've met all of them personally.

lol

i used to have a facebook....

i had over 1000 friends...i've met all of them face to face...
Pages: [1] 2 3 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org