Advertisement:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are you still single?  (Read 17721 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator
Why are you still single?
« on: Nov. 10, 2008, 11:57 AM »

Just wondering  ;D

jinnzaman

Re: Why are you still single?
« Reply #1 on: Nov. 28, 2008, 09:54 PM »

Just wondering  ;D

Basically, I'm not working right now and my older sister's not married so I have to sort of wait my turn.

jannah

« Reply #2 on: Nov. 29, 2008, 04:59 AM »

hmm,

not working drops u down 10 points on the rishta scale ;) but i don't get that desi tradition of going in order?? what if ur sister never gets married (inshalllah she will) but i don't get it. maybe you could look for someone and get engaged...then do the nikah the day after ur sister...or DOUBLE WEDDIng desi style!

as for me my main problem is that i live in such a small community the percentage of muslims let alone "practicing muslims" is so non-existant. i should move probably but where??

someone should do a study of where all the single bachelors live :) the one's with jobs... just kidding jinnz  :P

wainiki

« Reply #3 on: Dec. 01, 2008, 11:49 PM »

Jannah, seriously are people going ot have a lot to write here? But I'll humour you.

Let's see top 10 reasons why am I still single? I'll humor your further..!
perhaps because:
1. I'm Picky
2. My sisters are both married and gone and I'm left to keep my folks busy. They love having me around what can I say.
3. I'm old and picky
4. I dont look for anyone
5. when efforts were made, I was talking to idiots or the wrong type of dude
6. I dont even have 10 so I'll stop here.

enjoy ripping on this
peace

Jeremy

« Reply #4 on: Dec. 03, 2008, 03:43 AM »

What an article! I don't know who Haytham Soliman is, but someone has to tell him to keep it down a little, he's releasing all our precious secrets  :P

jannah

« Reply #5 on: Dec. 03, 2008, 12:38 PM »

I read that too and posted there before. I didn't think there was anything too bad about the original post. I think some of the things he was looking for sound normal. However, anyone who has a 13 point list of what they're looking for is seriously going to be disappointed. Even if they *think* they've found that, which is pretty impossible in one person! What I really thought was disgusting were brothers after that who posted about "deserving the most drop-dead gorgeous girl" because they were Muslim. You can look for what you want in a spouse but don't claim it's Muslim!!!

But yeah Shahida very disappointing...I would like to think as men (and women) get older they mature and re-think what they are looking for but I think some bros (and sisters) are stuck in a self-deserving mode.

Muslimah21

« Reply #6 on: Jan. 18, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Im at university and my parents want me to wait  :'(

ya_Lateef

« Reply #7 on: Jan. 24, 2009, 03:56 PM »

Asalamu aleykum :D
why am i still single.. lol
My parents know and i told them if they hear of somone or theyse like a good friend of the family then take me into the consideration ..since theyve know me all my life :)
Till then am gonna continue my education ,improve my deen ,character and cooking :D

daud

« Reply #8 on: Jan. 31, 2009, 04:49 AM »

y ppl single 4? Allahu Aclam but i think its couople of reasons maybe...?? for examp. jannah u say little community and dis and dat masha allah sistah but put in ur niyah insha allah dat u'll get kheyr and the mr.right is there sooner or later insha allah ( dats da miniumum u can say insha allah,may ALLAH help u and u all ) 2nd thing is wut mankind strives/achieves 4 ALLAH gives him/her dat.. pray istiqarah insha allah.. and now my turn.. y im single? havent seen mrs.right ;) .. and brothers its much much more important that da sistahs status is high in islam and the look is average 2 pretty is enough cos u'll see her inside beaty as da time goes grow more and more and overtake outside beauty and then she'll be nr1 as well 4 da sistah da brother'll be nr.1...theirs alot of love between the couple when ppl practis islam.. salaamu caleykum...   

Eemo

« Reply #9 on: Feb. 03, 2009, 12:33 AM »

Salaam.

Im new here.

I thought i'd just drive right in since there is never a time like the present :)

Im still single because

a) I'm the kind of muslim that very much thinks outside of the box. Some find that intimidating, some find it just a little too strange
b) im not earning alot of money because i decided to run my own business, which means that im insecure about it, and generally most of the sisters want a husband that can provide for them (understandably)

But most importantly, i've most sincerely felt im still single because i havent met the right person.

thats it.

Look forward to getting to know you all

Regards

brisingr9

« Reply #10 on: Feb. 24, 2009, 05:28 AM »

I am still breaking my head studying medicine at the same time there is a lack of true faithful sisters. Every sister wants to go for the modern satanic way of life not all but most of them!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #11 on: Feb. 26, 2009, 02:56 PM »

Satanic way of life? what do you mean by that? so they are not muslimahs then?

for example yesterday i went to a talk on gaza at my university, we were all segregated men on one side girls on the other. then after the talk we went for refreshments and teh girls and boys were all mixed and talkign laughing with each other. i didnt i just grabbed a cola and left, and on the way out of the buildign there were sisters and brothers huddled in corners looking way to comfortable with each other. hypocrites is the only thing that came ot my mind. i left and saw them still canoodling with each other laughing and being too close.
yet islamically its forbidden to be social with men?? so what teh hell were they doing not just oen or two but all of them. the girls battign thier eye lids and giggling and talkign very different to how they talk to me, in thier tone and body language. i was gob smacked. i had to leave before i was attacked by some perverted brother who thinks its ok to have a "friendly" chat with girls they are nto related to. that is just sooo sick!

brisingr9

« Reply #12 on: Feb. 26, 2009, 03:14 PM »

Satanic way of life ie living a life on the footsteps of Satan. They don't care about Islam. Mere saying of shahadah does not make u Muslim. If u testify u r Muslim then it is an obligation on u to live life the Muslim way. Allah says in holy Quran exchange ur lives and wealth for paradise which means u have to enter Islam fully. There no such thing as moderate Muslim in Islam. It's only complete and extreme. This is my opinion.  If I am wrong pls correct me.

Muslimah21

« Reply #13 on: Feb. 27, 2009, 07:08 PM »

Actually prtophet SAW said you cant be a muslim who is on the opposite extremes. too religous and too liberal.
He said you need ot balance faith and donyia.
The example coems from his companions.
one said i will sustain from food everyday and fast everyday
theother said i will never get married and sustain from sex,
the other said i will stay up every ngith all night in prayer and never sleep.

The ptophet SAW said you need to balance the deen and doniya, so normal things, have familes, fast soem days, pray part of the night... but dont be extreme. so those whaibies salifies and extreme shiah are not following sunnah teh way of the prophet they are mocking him, astagfirallah.
im not moderate im not liberal or extreme im just a muslim. you cxant be any of those. you can have different iman if that si what you mean?
different levels of iman in people. people gain mroe from hasanat. but an extreme muslim to me is the same as the liberal one. if you put your self into that catergory then thats looking for trouble and deviating away from what the prophet SAW told us to be as muslims.

Im just simply muslim.
the ones who practice satanic ways are lost and misguided, they do it becuase they have distanced themselves from allah theya re nto bad people, just following the ignorant. they need ot return to islam. we never call another muslim kuffar or tell them they are nto muslim. we are not judges of them. they have weak iman yes, but doesnt mean they dont believe in One god and the messengers.

i think you mean you iman is high. not that you are extreme, this is the correct meaning.

brisingr9

« Reply #14 on: Feb. 28, 2009, 06:03 PM »

Thanks for your opinion sister. A good perspective. Jazakallah.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org