Advertisement:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are you still single?  (Read 17868 times)

abeeda

Re: Why are you still single?
« Reply #30 on: Apr. 27, 2009, 06:39 PM »

salam,
well I'm still single coz i didnt really meet a good practising muslim and wen i did he wanted me to stop schooling and not work(even thou he is poor) i thot it was a bad idea, then i met 3 other guyz but they all worked with riba based institutions, so i'm just waiting and praying and in the mean time looking for work or thinking of goin back to skul

Muslimah21

« Reply #31 on: Apr. 27, 2009, 09:03 PM »

How old are you sister?
Thats very good of you to turn them down, sticking to your values.
I admire that sister :D

jazakallah khier

justKhan22

« Reply #32 on: May. 19, 2009, 05:54 PM »

im single cause, havent met tht special someone and i keep a distance frm girls,
as i dnt wanna get close to a girl  and if it dnt wrk out having to break her heart.
when i see a girl i look down instinctively lol.

princessa.faisa

« Reply #33 on: May. 27, 2009, 02:22 AM »

I'm 21 and still single because my parents insist on me graduating from college first. I really want to get married soon! It's no fun being single.

jannah

« Reply #34 on: May. 28, 2009, 08:32 AM »

princess try talking to your parents. sometimes even waiting that long all the good brothers get taken :) at least your parents and you can start looking soon!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #35 on: May. 28, 2009, 03:26 PM »

Princess i am in the exact same position.
I recently had a few proposals and my parents were like ummm NO. lol. So i do understand you sis, and i am going to be 23 when i graduate :S

justKhan22

« Reply #36 on: Jun. 02, 2009, 07:30 PM »

I agree, we should try and help each other none of us are perfect. thyere things we need to improve of course but u dnt only bring chnge throught shsouting about it.

Yusuf

« Reply #37 on: Jun. 14, 2010, 08:54 AM »

Assalaamu Alaykum.

1. I'm looking for a disciplined salafi sister
2. I just moved to a new city and I don't know too many people

smz

« Reply #38 on: Jun. 22, 2010, 07:44 AM »

never meet anyone.. studied then work after a while you realized you are alone, by then you dont find anyone.  :o

jannah

« Reply #39 on: Jun. 30, 2010, 03:17 AM »

So true smz... one day u wake up and ur like  :o how did i get this old and alone !! :( sad

3bdiAllaah

« Reply #40 on: Aug. 06, 2010, 02:58 PM »

considering the enviromental variable in the ever-so-bothersome single-ness equation.

-> dumb social values ( i can only get married after my elder siblings are married or i have to run away to get married now, which i have many times seriosuly considered)

-> well.... thas all

Ilyas

« Reply #41 on: Aug. 10, 2010, 07:58 PM »

Asalam Alaikum.

I have a question for the ladies here. In another thread I read someone's post stating not to worry about financial problems when considering marriage, not sure if the person was male or female though. So my sisters in Islam, would you consider a suitor who is a practicing Muslim and is out in the market but the only problem is he has a bit of a financial problem? I am not talking about myself, I am just basically wondering how important is financial status when it comes to marriage proposals? What about parents? I know my parents would want my sister to marry someone who is educated and has a decent enough job to where he can take care of her and keep her happy.

As a guy, I don't find financial status that big of a deal for her but for me, if I don't have a job and I know I won't be able to provide for her a comfortable life I would not get married till I am able to do so.

superman

« Reply #42 on: Aug. 10, 2010, 09:31 PM »

Wsalaam.

I'm in a similar situation to you (economic downturn) some sisters will likely refuse you due to your financial status.
Its always quite a problem where parents are concerned.
I've faced such obstacles myself.

There are however some more open-minded sisters out there, and personally i think its a great sign of a sisters character if she's looking at more than just your financial status.

I'm not disregarding the responsibility of the husband as the main financial provider however, but that said, there are ample ahadith to support that a man should be selected  based on his piety, not his financial status.

One of the hadith (i believe) is posted in one of these forums by brother Eemo, who seems to have left now sadly, since he often posted interesting articles and anecdotes.

muhammad786

« Reply #43 on: Aug. 10, 2010, 10:22 PM »

I am a Muslim Brother in Kansas City, Kansas. I am new to USA.

I am looking to get married. I am hard working and honest person. I have full time job. I also have a computer repair business that I do on the side.

I am some what shy on interacting on line. A friend of mine encouraged and helped me to sign up.

I am very occasional user of internet. If some one is interested in marrying me then please contact me at my e mail:

ache_123@hotmail.com or my cell phone:   816-786-8866

Dawud ibn Isa

« Reply #44 on: Aug. 22, 2010, 03:24 PM »

Im still single because lol

well Im young, and Plan on attending Al Madinah University InshaAllah, most women do not want to put their lives on hold, which is understandable :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org