Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: why oh why???  (Read 4981 times)

Muslimah21

Re: why oh why???
« Reply #15 on: Jun. 03, 2009, 04:33 PM »

salam Hamza

yeap it is true for arabs. We are bought up to think that the Bride has to be beautiful and pretty and all the rest of it, and the groom can be your average joe looking, but has to have money and a good job and a house. That is what we are spoon fed. Even my mother.
She told me not long ago, she saw a couple the wife was not attractive and the husband was very attractive and said straight out its nto going ot work. When i asked why she told me its meant to be the other way round. The women should be attractive. I was shocked ot hear it, even though i heard it all my life  :o :o :o :o

But most men think that way also, they need to have a trophey wife. Doesnt matter if she practices, prays, as long as she is pretty, can have children and can cook that makes a good wife for them.
The amount of people i see in morocco :( the husband prays and fasts and read quran etc etc. But the wife doesnt do anything. She doesnt know how to pray, doesnt know the quran. How can a man do that to his wife???  :'( :'(

Hamza81

« Reply #16 on: Jun. 03, 2009, 07:02 PM »

salam Hamza

yeap it is true for arabs. We are bought up to think that the Bride has to be beautiful and pretty and all the rest of it, and the groom can be your average joe looking, but has to have money and a good job and a house. That is what we are spoon fed. Even my mother.
She told me not long ago, she saw a couple the wife was not attractive and the husband was very attractive and said straight out its nto going ot work. When i asked why she told me its meant to be the other way round. The women should be attractive. I was shocked ot hear it, even though i heard it all my life  :o :o :o :o

But most men think that way also, they need to have a trophey wife. Doesnt matter if she practices, prays, as long as she is pretty, can have children and can cook that makes a good wife for them.
The amount of people i see in morocco :( the husband prays and fasts and read quran etc etc. But the wife doesnt do anything. She doesnt know how to pray, doesnt know the quran. How can a man do that to his wife???  :'( :'(

Yeah ive been to Morrocco aswell and met many Morrocans there and they are nice people but islam is very diluted there and not very practised at all. I think this may be due to it being a former french colony and France still has a grip on Morroco and a big influence on it aswell as investment and it tries its utmost to make sure Islam does not get practised and so far its worked for themn.
It is so strange because you will see a mother with her two daughters walking down the street and one of the daughters is wearing hijaab and jilbaab and the other one wearing a skirt with her legs showing. What a paradox. I hardly saw any men with a beard there and i also heard that many of the women married European men just for their money of course. Very sad. May Allah establish deen in our countries and get rid of moderate and diluted Islam and replace it with FULL Islam. Ameen

Muslimah21

« Reply #17 on: Jul. 01, 2009, 10:54 PM »

Yes its something i seen to but also same in Asian community here in the Uk. i seen a girl in hijab and her sister or cousin wearing next to nothing. Its the same all over in all muslim communites.

There are men who practice islam but they are rare and hard to find, i have heard many stories about them these rare gems. lol

brisingr9

« Reply #18 on: Jul. 03, 2009, 02:40 AM »

men practising Islam might be rare in your place but alhamdulillah compared to our parents generation today we have a lot more practising believers. The numbers have increased all over the world especially in the united states. It once happened that one of my  believing brother who is an Indian recited a hadees to a Arab in Saudi. The Arab was like you recite a hadees to me knowing I am Arab?? This is the attitude of present day Arab no wonder their countries are gradually loosing the precious wealth of Islam  . Allah says in the Quran if you cease to worship me then I shall create a creation better than you who shall worshIp me. The Jews were proud of their religion and mocked the illiterate Arabs but Allah overthrew them and gave the Arabs Islam . Today Arabs are showing the same. Allah does not like pride. May Allah save the Arabs from the same fate as that of the Jews ameen .

Muslimah21

« Reply #19 on: Jul. 04, 2009, 09:45 PM »

Every nation is proud and arragont not just the arabs, asians too. In the community where i study the bengaldeish community are too proud they do nto liek to mix with us afircans or arabs, even the sisters we go to a sisters party and they stick to thier own kind. Too good to mix with us lower people? Its the same all over brother, not just arabs, although arabs i know personally are very bad. But i have had bad experinces with asians too. I see them and say salam waliykum they look at me like i am an alien from the outer space. And give me the evil eye. What happened to Islam and unity??? apaprently it doesnt exist for them, becuasei  am not asian i don't get salams back! Thats just down right arragont. why be proud of something you had no control over? did they choose to be asian? or arab? no exactly so why be proud. Be proud of you achievments and you religion. Not you race and colour of your skin. Makes me bloody angry!!! lol

Hamza81

« Reply #20 on: Jul. 09, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Asalaamu alaikum, Sister what your talking about is not what i call arrogance but people feel more comfortable with people they know. It is nothing to do with because your north african they are standing away from you. Asians are not the kind of people that think of themselves as superior human beings. Trust me ive been with Asians all my life. It is simply because they don't know you and being british were more reserved (stiff upper lip) than Americans and were not as open, for example who are very open and will talk to anyone. The only time british people are open is when their drunk but obviously you were all sober (Well i hope so) lol. Also about saying salaam myself and many others have also been blanked when saying to salaam to someone and a lot of the times were blanked for innocent reasons like they may not be expecting the salaam so don't respond on time or their in their own world or just did not hear you. It is not to do with arrogance i assure you.
From my experience and what i have heard and seen i would say that North Africans Arabs are no where as near as arrogant and proud as middle eastern Arabs. The majority of North African Arabs are very welcoming,nice and hard working people who struggle to earn a good living in their countrie, whereas in middle east they are more richer particularly in the oil rich states. Especially in places like Dubai where i have been many times and know a few people who live and work there. Some of the Asians there get treated very bad especially the way they treat Indians. They don't even pay them at times and because you need to have an Arab spnosor if your to have a business there or work there those Arab sponsors can be very evil. Some even cleaning out the poor Asians and sending them back to there country for no reason. If it was'nt for the Asians in Dubai then Dubai would collapse because Asians are the ones who have very big businesses there and do all of the manual labour there to like building etc. It is even worse in Saudi where they are just way too arrogant and think their superior humans to anyone else and when i went there a while ago we did'nt get treated very well and SO many other people tell the same story.
They treat white people with so much respect even in North Africa where we were tourists white people were still given higher priority. It is sad to se this kind of attitude and behaviour.
Do these people not know what is to come for them for the way they treat other humans? I was very saddened by the way middle eastern Arabs act and the way they are for they are destroying there akihirah. May Allah guide them to the straight path. Ameen

Muslimah21

« Reply #21 on: Jul. 12, 2009, 12:10 AM »

I agree... Saudi arabians are bad and middle eastern... but not all arabs are the same. And yes in morocco i get treated badly... i go back there and give them money and help economy and i get treated badly not just asians dear.

That is people all over hamza... and as they say that is life. We get treated badly no matter where you are from. you think you are better but people alwasy think of you less. That human nature.. that jelosuey and thats the evil eye.
astagfirallah
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org