Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Why sisters.........  (Read 3567 times)

brisingr9

Why sisters.........
« on: Feb. 28, 2009, 07:08 PM »

I have often seen that when a sister sees for a potencial husband she turns him down telling no if he has a beard!! Isn't having beard a Sunna. The face of holy apostle had a beard and every prophet had a beard . Turning someone down just because of a beard isn't that ridiculous?? May Allah guide such sisters!!

jannah

Re: Why sisters.........
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 12:21 AM »

Sometimes a beard can mean certain things to sisters. Like first, if she is not religious/practicing herself she would not want to marry someone who is. Second sometimes brothers with long beards are outwardly "religious" but in their homes they are very mean to their mothers/sisters and are very chauvenistic, who would want to marry that! So she should really get to know the brother before she makes a decision, but the goal is not to marry someone with a beard and with no other good qualities, what is the point of a beard of rasulullah's sunnah when nothing else is practiced from the sunnah?

brisingr9

« Reply #2 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 02:10 AM »

I appreciate and respect your opinion but please don't question a Sunna. A Sunna is a Sunna irrespective of what intentions you have behind. Allah will judge according to your intentions. Thank you for your view..  Jazakallah..

Muslimah21

« Reply #3 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 09:23 PM »

i personally love the beard, im a big fan of the well kept, well groomed neat and tidy beard  :D
any man with that description is more then welcome to ask for my hand :D that is a tick on my list of criteria and bonus points too  hehehe :D

sisters who refuse are the type who are quiet frankly shallow and want her husband to be rocking the latest in designer fashion and a beard just wont cut it. unless soem celebrity such as bradd pitt is wearing it this season. hahaha. funny toooo funny.
i think beards are quiet nice, the very short well kept ones and even brothers in kufis are very nice too. i think its nice anyways.
I did a total U turn i used to hate it, but now i love it. becuase i perform hijab wearign abaya and i show my islam and i want a husband who does the same. it looks odd when the sister wears hijab and abaya then her husband is in levis jeans with a printed colourful top from FCUK its like hmmm odd. i think its ridiculus brothers need to dress islamic too, dont dress as the kuffar dress. dress the opposite to them. wear loose modest clothes even a jilaba or plain linen clothing. i find that very respectable and i liek it alot :D

(hint hint.... hahahaha)

:D

jannah

« Reply #4 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 10:01 PM »

I appreciate and respect your opinion but please don't question a Sunna. A Sunna is a Sunna irrespective of what intentions you have behind. Allah will judge according to your intentions. Thank you for your view..  Jazakallah..

brother i never said it was not a sunnah.  But just like for hijab you can't always tell what the intention of the person wearing it is. this is best left to Allah but if you are getting married to a person if everything else about them doesn't match that one sunnah then you have a problem. think about it in your case, do you want to marry a sister in hijab who sleeps around and goes to bars? the same for a sister, she doesn't want to marry a brother who has a beard but is wack in all other areas of his life.

brisingr9

« Reply #5 on: Apr. 18, 2009, 08:03 PM »

I agree with you janah . That is not what I asked?? I asked would you prefer marrying a bearded man ??

Muslimah21

« Reply #6 on: Apr. 18, 2009, 10:09 PM »

Yeah i would :D
But there are not many who are my age, they all tend to be my fathers age around where i live lol.

reeldeel

« Reply #7 on: Apr. 18, 2009, 10:16 PM »

I think the chances of finding a bearded brother in clubs or sleeping around are a lot less then the chance of finding a non-bearded brother doing that.

Try this one.. Randomly select 50 bearded and 50 non bearded muslim brothers from the streets of London or New York. Now get a machine that measures Piety and measure both groups. Can you honestly tell me that you don't have a feeling that the group of bearded brothers wont end up more pious.

In short the chances of finding a pious husband are greater if you choose from among the bearded. We are out there and also looking for a sister from among the hijabies.  8)

Muslimah21

« Reply #8 on: Apr. 19, 2009, 08:46 PM »

Ok if they exist then send them to my brother in protsmouth to short list
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

reeldeel

« Reply #9 on: Apr. 20, 2009, 06:19 PM »

"The sister that turned down the brother with a beard was never suitable for a bearded brother"

Reeldeel

Muslimah21

« Reply #10 on: Apr. 21, 2009, 05:35 PM »

Thats true, ameen to that :D

Hamza81

« Reply #11 on: Jun. 02, 2009, 05:19 PM »

I have often seen that when a sister sees for a potencial husband she turns him down telling no if he has a beard!! Isn't having beard a Sunna. The face of holy apostle had a beard and every prophet had a beard . Turning someone down just because of a beard isn't that ridiculous?? May Allah guide such sisters!!

Asalaamu alaikum, Pious Muslimah's are attracted to pious Muslim men and vice versa.
I know there are a lot of fake hijaabi's who wear the hijaab and wear tight jeans and tops to show their bodily definitions and want men who have'nt got beards but why should pious men want a women like this?
Trust me most practising women who wear jilbaab and hijaab properly (without wearing ten inches of max factor or maybeline newyork foundation and make up) are attracted towards men who have beards. So it is a good process of elimination because you eliminate the fake hijaabi's for the practising ones who are attracted towards the sunnah of our beloved and bless Prophet (Saw). It also applies to men because there are a lot of so called practising men who don't want women who cover. What the hell is going on there? This has happened as there are cases of the guy's side requesting if the marrige between their son and the women goes ahead and will she take off her hijaab for the guy? That is just terrible! That is just ridiculing Allah's core commandments. Allah curses these sort of people and his anger and wrath is with them for do they know better?
May Allah forgive these people and guide them to the straight path. Ameen.

Muslimah21

« Reply #12 on: Jun. 03, 2009, 04:38 PM »

hamza i never thought about it that way before. Mashallah its true aswell.

hahahah Maxfactor :D Who ever wear maxfactor is silly. They are isreali company and that money goes to isreali economy which is used to kill our brothers and sisters. If i see a sister buying any isreali products i will tell her straight up you are buying a product which has the blood of your palestinians all over it.

A women is allowed to remove her hijab if the fiance asks for it and permission is given from the wali. I mean indoors when he coems ot visit her and her family. She is even allowed to wear makeup. But not outdoors to every other man. lol

Hamza81

« Reply #13 on: Jun. 03, 2009, 06:53 PM »

hamza i never thought about it that way before. Mashallah its true aswell.

hahahah Maxfactor :D Who ever wear maxfactor is silly. They are isreali company and that money goes to isreali economy which is used to kill our brothers and sisters. If i see a sister buying any isreali products i will tell her straight up you are buying a product which has the blood of your palestinians all over it.

I was in Edgware Rd(Arabic area in London for those who don't know) around the time when Israel did those terrible atrocities in Gaza and i saw loads of Arab men sitting there drinking coffee and snacks outside Starbucks (Star of David=Israel, Bucks=money =so money to Israel) and i was disgusted thinking what the hell are these people doing consuming food and drink from this place that is directly sending money to Israel to financially help kill our brothers and sisters, don't they realise what their doing? I was disgusted!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #14 on: Jun. 07, 2009, 10:51 PM »

Yeap i knwo that placce all too well.
Yeah i know people still do it now. i have to educate them and they are like oooh ok. But i don't know if they will take any notice.
It is alot of products which we have grown used to. But i have cut out all the ones i am aware of.

What about muslim brothers who wear Levis caps, jeans etc etc... Levi is a name of the jewish people who established the company and are from the Tribe of Levi, and isreali tribe :S
So when i see a brother with a beard a gilaba and then on his head sits a basball cap with levis on it i think to myself, he appears to be wise to some but he is not wise enough... look whats sitting on his head! lol. people need to look into things before they bye or use products.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org