Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: people think me and my brother are married!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7545 times)

Mardiyyah

Re: people think me and my brother are married!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jun. 24, 2009, 12:35 AM »

Salaam,
Sister Muslimah, dont worrrrrryyyy. This has also happened to my numerous times. I recall one day when my brother and I, along with our mother and four year old nephew went grocery shopping. Right when we came to the cashier, my little sometimes-annoying nephew decides to grab a lollilop. The man asked him, " oh mommy and daddy gonna buy you a candy? My brother apparently didnt hear , as he was busy speaking to my momther. I on the other hand, felt completely insulted.  I looked at my brother and  then at the man. Then again, I couldnt blame the guy, he didnt know. But what was worse was,  he repeated  the question and my nephew said : " ya"! in response. But anyway its all good.

It's nice how you get along with your brothers, wish I had that relationship with them... sometimes.. lol

PEACE  ;D

brisingr9

« Reply #16 on: Jun. 29, 2009, 06:26 PM »

muslimah , you still didn't get over this. I suggest be patient act just like your dad. Make your dad feel that even you don't care about marraige!! Just be focussed on your religion and your studies. I am sure your dads  more concerned about your nikah than you but he is just waiting for the right time. Afterall he is your very own  dad!! Who wouldn't want their daughter married?? Just relax!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #17 on: Jul. 01, 2009, 10:38 PM »

Brisinger you dont know my dad. He is like my brother wants me to put it off as long as i can. Which means another 5 years.
I do have patience but be nice to have a conversation a seriosu one without beign treated like i am some child. when i am a woman now.

Egyptian Muslimah

« Reply #18 on: Oct. 09, 2009, 07:22 AM »

i totally understand how u feel, my dad is the same wayy i feel he wants to put me off for as long as he can. on the other hand im done with school im 24 (just looking for a job now) and i feel im more than ready to get married and start the next chapter of my life. i have no brothers but i can understand how annoying that is when people think ur together.

in my situation i was engaged for a year or so and everything broke off :( alhamdulliah though but its like everyone still thinks im engaged like 5 people were like whens ur wedding, cuz i was supossed to get married this summer. so it is pretty annyoing cuz i feel like the engagement wasted a year of my life now and no one knows im single again lol so now i purposely dont wear rings for that reason although i love them lol they are my favorite pieces of jewerly lol

Muslimah21

« Reply #19 on: Oct. 09, 2009, 03:01 PM »

Salaam sis :D

aw thats sad to hear, but its better you guys didnt get married becuase i could have been worse that way.

Well alhamdulillah i had a chat with my mother a few weeks ago. a serious one and she has agreed i should start looking now, and she understood where i was coming from, i only have 7 months left of unviersity then i am done inshallah. So my father has also agreed... and he said he just wants me to be happy, he sees me happy now as i am and he doesnt want me to get married and be unhappy :( i nearly cried when he said that.

But i am meeting a few people soon for marriage... well just meet the family and check them out. So alhamdulillah things are moving lol.
Sis just try and talk with your mother and ger her to talk to your father its easier. My dad is a typical Arab man lol, he doesnt like talking about Love, relationships, Marriage anything like that lol. Get your mum on side then it will be ok inshallah :)

MuslimMD85

« Reply #20 on: Dec. 03, 2009, 03:26 AM »

Some ppl think my mum is my sister?! I dnt knw wht to say to tht lol.
apart frm mashallah it sure makes my mum happy.

ur not alone bro....

Muslimah21

« Reply #21 on: Dec. 03, 2009, 01:20 PM »

That is not a bad thing, i bet your mother is very flattered by that comment. :D

MuslimMD85

« Reply #22 on: Dec. 04, 2009, 01:32 AM »

That is not a bad thing, i bet your mother is very flattered by that comment. :D

I do look older because of my beard, and if I put on something ultra traditional and desi like a kurta/salwar.

Muslimah21

« Reply #23 on: Dec. 04, 2009, 03:34 PM »

Oh ok so you are insulted? lol  :D

MuslimMD85

« Reply #24 on: Dec. 05, 2009, 04:05 AM »

Oh ok so you are insulted? lol  :D

naaa

it takes a lot to insult me....

i dont say nothing, wait for my mom to clarify it lol

Muslimah21

« Reply #25 on: Dec. 09, 2009, 02:27 PM »

Ummm ok... so what is the problem?  ??? ???

riteshnarula

« Reply #26 on: Sep. 26, 2011, 08:55 AM »

You should not think about those people many people do not know what think is in their mind we can't change those think go ahead.

humararishta

« Reply #27 on: Sep. 27, 2011, 07:03 AM »

you did not do much outside with your brother.
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org