Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: question to guys on rings  (Read 2740 times)

jannah

question to guys on rings
« on: Mar. 27, 2009, 04:30 AM »

Do you guys look to see if a girl is wearing a ring to see if she is married? Do you know what an engagement/wedding ring looks like? Do you assume ring=married? Or do you not bother but find out from someone if she's single.

Just wondering cuz someone told me to stop wearing rings because people would assume I was married if they were interested!! I know sisters will sometimes look for rings, but many guys don't wear a ring even if they're married so dunno..???

Jeremy

Re: question to guys on rings
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 28, 2009, 03:50 AM »

it's not something that we notice right away, or at least I don't notice right away. I have to remember to check if there is a ring. And yes, most of us know what an engagement/wedding ring looks like. We even know that it varies between western and eastern cultures! (waw! we kow so much...lol)
but I also agree that people may mistake a regular ring for a wedding ring, so better not to wear one if u don't want that to happen. You are also right in that we sometimes ask, or check FB (lol), but that's not usually the case.

Muslimah21

« Reply #2 on: Mar. 28, 2009, 12:06 PM »

See FB is a useful source. :D

brisingr9

« Reply #3 on: Mar. 29, 2009, 05:01 PM »

asalamalaikum,, it might be that some people assume women with rings married or engaged but generally i dont think so its a big deal because if we are interested in someone it wont take much time to find out her marital status.

reeldeel

« Reply #4 on: Mar. 30, 2009, 02:33 AM »

Yeah true... I'd probably find out before am close enough to determine whether there is a ring on her finger or not.

Hamza81

« Reply #5 on: Jun. 02, 2009, 05:33 PM »

Do you guys look to see if a girl is wearing a ring to see if she is married? Do you know what an engagement/wedding ring looks like? Do you assume ring=married? Or do you not bother but find out from someone if she's single.

Just wondering cuz someone told me to stop wearing rings because people would assume I was married if they were interested!! I know sisters will sometimes look for rings, but many guys don't wear a ring even if they're married so dunno..???

Asalaamu alaikum, i would not say it is something that we initially notice straight away because to be honest with you i don't really know which finger is the one that women wear if their married or engaged but i would say that to increase your chances don't wear them if you don't need to because it may make some guys paranoid to avoid you just incase. The worse thing for a guy is for his family to make a proposal to the  womens family but she is already married or engaged.

I do know that some women wear a ring on the particular finger if they actually want to avoid being chatted up by other guys but a lot of the times nowadays guys don't care if the girl is married or not they will try it anyway. May Allah forgive them and guide them to the straight path. Ameen
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org