Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Marriage events: would you go?  (Read 6435 times)

cinders

Re: Marriage events: would you go?
« Reply #15 on: Aug. 20, 2010, 12:40 PM »

Lol
It's true, it happens so much. Not just that but blatant racism too. I know of a girl & Mash'Allah who is very pretty, practicing (genuine diamond with no past history etc) & intelligent with a great job. Her sister married a Pakistani brother & another sister married an African brother, and because of this.. Certain proposals don't progress when the other party find this out. Also it may come across as she's picky, however I don't think she is. She'd like a brother who practices now (irrelevant of what his past etc) & in a decent job just so that he's able to look after her. However she stays away from Matrimonial websites & events & just going down the avenue of family & friends. Problem is most family & friends are passive Muslims, which makes it difficult to find potential spouses that are practicing.

BTW did I mention she's Bengali....lol

3bdiAllaah

« Reply #16 on: Aug. 20, 2010, 05:31 PM »

Her sister married a Pakistani brother & another sister married an African brother, and because of this.. Certain proposals don't progress when the other party find this out.

same old stupid mentality of subcontinental people. these people are sooooo insecure. like i have a friend and his cousin proposed a morocan girl. ok

now this guys family was off the hooooook

and that girl then refused. idk out of fear of the guys family or something else. but this is soo atrocious. idk this generation and its psyche may or may not die down after they are all dead. lets hope so.

cinders

« Reply #17 on: Aug. 21, 2010, 05:59 AM »

Sorry to be so dumb, but what does idk mean?

3bdiAllaah

« Reply #18 on: Aug. 26, 2010, 04:07 PM »

idk means i dont know.  ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: Jan. 15, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Salaam all

This is an old topic, but I have just come across it and I thought to share my experience of events, it may help you make an informed decision.
Me and a friend decided to go to events, as there were not many events happening in our city, we had to travel south to attend those events, been to quite a few with different organisations, doing different formats. We used to come back thinking does he exists?  It is difficult to decide about a person in one meeting and one conversation. Although most of them seemed average but no one for us.

Until one day I was visiting my sister and end up going to an event with her being my guardian.  This is the event where I met my future husband. Even on the day of the event I didnt think much of it but we exchange details and continue conversation over the for couple of weeks over the phone.  My family was aware of this, and soon enough they met him, liked him and took things further with his family etc.

It does take effort, commitment, time and money to attend events. It works for some and not for others.  One needs to stay positive and know what qualities are 'must have' in their future partner, hopefully this will keep your search focus.
Also do personal analysis, are u willing to give what you are looking for etc.

May Allah guide us all and keep us in the right path , Insha'Allah.

W'Salaam.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: Jan. 15, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Someone mentioned, sisters on display. Thats going to be so uncomfortable and awkward.

For busy professional muslims an event is much better a deal than matrimonial sites. Effective use of time!

Important thing is dont do it if you are looking down upon it just cause people are going to talk or judge. Not everyone meets and ends up marrying their college sweet heart right? :)

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org