Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of ISNA as a place to meet?  (Read 3350 times)

jannah

Reviews of ISNA as a place to meet?
« on: May. 26, 2009, 07:49 PM »

Anyone from the U.S. going to ISNA this year? I've heard of so many stories of married couples meeting there. There are of course tons of shady stories too, but it seems to work even for good people. Not the matrimonial program but just meeting random people there or going up to them and finding out more. I wonder if anyone has tried it???

Lavender

Re: ISNA as a place to meet?
« Reply #1 on: May. 30, 2009, 07:22 PM »

InshaAllah, I am going to ISNA this year. I have heard stories about the "lobby" but I never knew it lead to marriage, interesting. I do know that Islamic conferences are great places to meet people, like friends, so why not meet a spouse there as well.

Pearlsofwisdom

Re: Reviews of ISNA as a place to meet?
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 15, 2011, 04:15 AM »

Is this the Isna in toronto your talking abt? If so, its funny ive never been and its here in my city....

But more on the point of meeting ppl thru conferences. How does that even work? Yes you see ppl from afar but ive never seen people step up and actually try to get to know someone that way lol.

jannah

« Reply #3 on: Jan. 16, 2011, 07:40 AM »

I don't think there's an ISNA in Toronto?? There's an RIS conference. Maybe you're talking about that? Anyhow, people meet people through the people they're with. They get introduced to people through family or friends. Sometimes they even meet randomly hanging out or I've even heard stories of mothers or guys approaching girls. The lobby scene is like a huge business cocktail party, but more casual if you've ever been to one of those...people hate it because it looks like a big meat market... and maybe it is...

Al-Qamar

« Reply #4 on: Jan. 17, 2011, 04:15 PM »

If it has anything to do with Sheikh Alaa Elsayed... then go!! Seriously!
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org