Advertisement:

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Height.. A BIG DEAL???  (Read 4781 times)

Mardiyyah

Height.. A BIG DEAL???
« on: Jun. 23, 2009, 07:11 AM »

Salaamu alaikum. This  question is specifically for the sisters. Brothers can participate if they'd like. Sisters I would like to ask you, would you marry a brother shorter than you, even if he possessed all of the qualities you admire? And second... in terms of finding the right spouse, should height be important or less important?

Ponderer

Re: Height.. A BIG DEAL???
« Reply #1 on: Jun. 24, 2009, 08:29 PM »

Wa alaikumus salaam,
Yeah, I would marry someone a little bit shorter, but I would prefer someone at my height or taller. I think everyone has their personal preferences.

reeldeel

« Reply #2 on: Jun. 28, 2009, 02:18 AM »

attraction to a sister taller than me? ::) The idea seems odd

Mardiyyah

« Reply #3 on: Jun. 28, 2009, 09:11 AM »

Same, I think it would be odd too. though there are  many sisters/brothers who have.....  ::)

reeldeel

« Reply #4 on: Jun. 28, 2009, 11:39 PM »

Its odd for me, but not uncommon... My mums taller than my dad.

Hamza81

« Reply #5 on: Jun. 29, 2009, 12:58 AM »

I think there should be some sort of attraction but nowadays we conform to what is culturally attractive like a fairer girl rather than darker and taller rather than shorter. If the person is Islamically right and the attraction is there then don't worry about height and the colour of the skin.
According to hadith it is better to marry an average looking women who is pious than a beautiful women who is not pious.
If one marries for beauty then maybe her nasty personality will come out during marrige which will make her look ugly to one's eyes and vice versa if one marry's an average looking women then her wonderful character and personality may make her the most beautiful women in one's eyes.

brisingr9

« Reply #6 on: Jun. 29, 2009, 06:17 PM »

as salamalaikum, why would someone care to ask such doubts?? I believe as long as the person before me truly fears Allah height doesn't matters. Unless she is a  foot taller!! Anyway I woudnt mind few two to three inches!! What matters is taqwa..

Muslimah21

« Reply #7 on: Jul. 01, 2009, 10:26 PM »

There would have to be a significant difference for me to hodl that against them, so no sis its not an issue for me. although i am 5'5 i dont think there are many men shorter then me. so i dont feel that will ever be an issue at all. People feel i am too short for them. lol.

abeeda

« Reply #8 on: Nov. 03, 2009, 05:42 AM »

I'm 5'1 so for me yes height matters I would rather have a taller bro

Muslimah21

« Reply #9 on: Nov. 05, 2009, 01:02 AM »

Sister there is little chance of you meeting a guy shorter then you. men do tend to be 5'5 and taller. hardly any shorter then that. apart form pre puberty ones lol :D

Amira73

« Reply #10 on: Nov. 08, 2009, 02:23 AM »

Assalamu alykum

For a pretty tall girl, height was a problem for me, but if/when I meet someone even up to 2 inches shorter than me, it`s alright. I mean...am I really going to let this amaazing person walk out of my life because of something they have no control over? So for now, i have no problem with a little bit of height difference. :)

mjt

« Reply #11 on: Nov. 09, 2009, 08:51 PM »

Walaikum Assalam wr wb ... It's a big issue for me  :( ... my wife's height will fit this formula -> her height + shoe heel size <= my height ... 8)

Muslimah21

« Reply #12 on: Nov. 15, 2009, 01:14 PM »

Salams
hahahaha thats a bit silly i think shoe and height and everything. :S

The brother i am meeting at the moment (It is going great by the way, thumbs up all around :D) he is about 6'3 and i am 5'6. And it is not an issue for him. although when talking to him i do have to look up which is funny. :D

mjt

« Reply #13 on: Nov. 15, 2009, 09:09 PM »

walaikum Assalam wr wb,

Great news miss.sister ....  May Allah help you both and give what is Khair, ameen ....

I hope you both wont start to have neck and back issues coz of looking to each other .... one looking down and other looking up ...  :D

Muslimah21

« Reply #14 on: Nov. 16, 2009, 11:26 PM »

Salam waliykum,
Shukran brother for your kind words jazakallah khier
baraka allahu fika  :)

Inshallah we wont have that problem  :D :D .....and if we do, we will have that problem togther :D
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org