Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 10 reasons why being a single Muslim sucks :)  (Read 3946 times)

jannah

Top 10 reasons why being a single Muslim sucks :)
« on: Aug. 12, 2009, 03:06 AM »

Top 10 reasons why being a single Muslim sucks  ;D

10. People trying to set you up with the weirdo who doesn't speak English or the guy with 5  1/2 kids looking for a second wife. (And then they call you picky!)

9. Can't get the family rate at ICNA. (or ISNA or MAS or the subway)

8. You're never invited to those married couple parties. (Did you know they have their own secret social world, single muggles not allowed.)

7. Attending those 'singles lectures on marriage' where they talk about the same ole stuff except real ways of getting us married! (Or they lecture us on why we should just accept our parents choice.)

6. Realizing your kids by the time (if) u have any will be too young to match-make with your  friend's kids.

5. Pervert guys who think you're now desperate enough to consider them. (a la Mr. Collins)

4. Meeting long lost old friends who immediately ask, 'Are you married!? How many kids do you have!?'. (No and no.)

3. Your mom reminds you that at your age she was already married with 3 kids! (Yes, I wish I was a child bride too.)

2. Muslim matrimonials. (Need we say more?)

and.................

number....

1. Every auntie at every wedding, engagement or aqeeqah saying, 'You're next!!'. (Do single people look pregnant or something? Tongue)

Muslimah21

Re: Top 10 reasons why being a single Muslim sucks :)
« Reply #1 on: Aug. 12, 2009, 11:03 AM »

hahahahaaa sooo true. apart from number one. In arab culture the aunties don't do that. I know in asian culture the aunties have a system set up.
Usually for us its the grandparents and parents. lol

But soo funny.
matrimonial sites one... what ever do you mean??? lol

My mother actually thinks i am lucky to be at my age single and doign things i want. At my age she was married and had a 2 year old son.
Although i wonder sometimes who is actually the lucky one? hmmm
  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I Walk Alone...

« Reply #2 on: Nov. 24, 2010, 03:28 AM »

I bet I can think up 25 as to why it sucks being a single revert.

abeeda

« Reply #3 on: Jan. 09, 2011, 11:09 PM »

i especially hate number 4, went to a friends wedding last month and all my pld frndz where there (most married) and just kept asking, ugh >:(

nulady

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 19, 2011, 02:10 AM »

Here is a new one....
I asked my newly engaged friend to come hang out one friday night.....
her reply: Let me check with Samir (the dude who stole my best friend)permission denied.

Losing friends to marriage.... being single really sucks :(

Concerned

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 20, 2011, 02:41 AM »

hahaha.... sister I totally agree. I have seen it in all my friends. And its more than three or four. Perhaps the number also tells me how late I am, Alhamdulillah :-)

SalwaR

« Reply #6 on: Feb. 20, 2011, 12:59 PM »

I agree toally, I hate it also when you meet up with your freind who is newly married/engaged and all they do is sit and text thier other half.... then only having to listen how brilliant it is to be married, and found the one. Talk about rubbing salt into an open wound  :(

Basheera001

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 16, 2011, 06:44 AM »

I don't think sucks, I'm so busy in life and so happy Alhamdulillah, I feel a partner in my life would be there to complement me. I don't 'need' a husband because there is a higher purpose in life for me, my relationship with Allah. I didn't mean to water the humor down, I think the list is quite funny, but I had a bit of a serious moment there!
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org