Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4530 times)

SisterGirl

Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 20, 2009, 02:00 PM »

Hamza I know it is completely Halal, for me it is not a cultural bias. I was born in America, my parents, grand- great- grand etc. were born here. I was raised as a Muslim here and since this American culture is so opposite of Islam, I was not raised with it or believing in it. My culture is Islam. Yes it is permissible that a woman ask a man to marry her. I said I can't see myself doing it, I didn't say it was wrong and I dont think it is. If as sis wants to do that more power to her. I would feel like if a man did not ask me to marry him, it is because he does not want to marry me. Simple. You are saying that he may hesitate for various reasons, but does want to marry her? Ok, not sure what those reasons would be, but if he was pious and a good brother I would try to talk to him personally or have my brother talk to him to see why he is hesitating. At the same time, we sisters dont want to waste our time. After you have discussed any hesitations, you kinda have to move forward...or move along. I am very much trying to get married, so if I had that good brother no I would not just dismiss him because he did not propose right away. Where is this brother again?  ;)

I cant see myself proposing to a man. I  am old fashioned, I wont even call a brother I am talking to regularly.
If he wants to talk to me, he will call me. If he wants to marry me, he will make it crystal clear. If he dosent, I'll happily move on.  :)

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this is clearly cultural bias. The mother of the believers Khadija (Ra) proposed to Rasulallahh(Pbuh) aswell as many women of the era proposing to men through their wali. As long as it is done through the womens mahram or appointed Wali then there should not be any problems and one should not let cultural bias get in the way because it may be that a women may let a good man slip just because of a pointless cultural bias. Sometimes a man hesitates to ask a women for many reasons so if the women knows that the man is a good and pious man who will look after her then she should take steps to propose to him through her mahram or wali and not have to feel low for it.

Yaseen88

« Reply #16 on: Dec. 21, 2009, 01:19 PM »

I have no problem in regarding a muslimah proposing as long as you are married !!!

Khadijah (ra) proposed to Muhammed s.a.w.

tas786

« Reply #17 on: Feb. 02, 2010, 12:45 AM »

Salaams,

sometimes if a girl and a guy are talking, it's better somebody makes a move to avoid doing further haraam. I have a friend who was talking to a brother online, he had shown interest so she showed it back, to avoid talking for no reason whatsoever, she made her intentions clear to him, and he responded with a rejection! Shocking as it was, she was glad she had got her answer....otherwise it would have turned and twisted itno something unneccessary. She stopped all contact with him and moved on alhumdulillah:)

And yes the Prophet SAW was proposed to by Hadhrat Khadija A.S, the beauty in this is so powerful, and I admire her so very much, and so i would have no problem in making my intentions clear to a brother:)

justKhan22

« Reply #18 on: Feb. 16, 2010, 05:34 PM »

I would be blown away like in being impressed, at the same time i'd be hurt if I did,nt feel the same towards her.
 8)

jannah

« Reply #19 on: Feb. 17, 2010, 08:02 AM »

Why would you be hurt?? Shouldn't she be the one hurt when you reject her  :(

Ilyas

« Reply #20 on: Feb. 24, 2010, 08:13 PM »

I would feel hurt as well if a muslimah proposed but I didn't feel the same about her because I am the reason for her getting hurt. Also, it could have been avoided as a muslimah would not propose without getting to know the brother beforehand, i.e. they have to talk.
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org