Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you judge a prospective spouse based on their facebook?  (Read 2995 times)

Anonymous

so recently I was looking into a prospective spouse and we didn't really get to talk much before we actually met....but he changed his mind later although during our conversations we totally clicked....he said that he didn't want a girl who listened to music, and went out frequently on trips and such without family/mahrams and the thing is that we never even discussed that stuff! i think he got it from my facebook. how reliable do u think that is for judging somebody?

Anonymous

Re: would you judge a prospective spouse based on their facebook?
« Reply #1 on: Oct. 21, 2009, 09:43 AM »

People use facebook even to judge prespective employees.

Continue considering the person but don't rush in a decision. Tell the person that he should only expect a person as religious as himself. Still, maybe he wasn't accusing you of anything, he was just tell you what he doesn't want.:)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Oct. 21, 2009, 09:45 AM »

People use facebook even to judge prespective employees.

Continue considering the person but don't rush in a decision. Tell the person that he should only expect a person as religious as himself. Still, maybe he wasn't accusing you of anything, he was just tell you what he doesn't want and giving you the heads up.:)

funny how my message above turned to an Anonymous...meh

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Oct. 21, 2009, 09:51 AM »

Don't worry about the person, you'll find somebody better than him in sha Allah. Trust me, a man is not gonna judge a person just by facebook and would at least talk to you about it.

Muslimah21

« Reply #4 on: Oct. 21, 2009, 03:20 PM »

Facebook is great for checking out people. I used it once or twice and i am glad i did. Saved myself from being hurt and lied too.
On facebook you do disclose all your info and your hobbies. SO it is your profile. SO he was right to question what was on there.
Liek for example me, i have my hobbies etc etc and they are true. I listen to nasheeds and not music i dont go out travelign alone. things i like to do are all on there. and its all correct. SO if a guy was to look me up and compare what i said with whats on my profile he will find no fault. And i wouldnt hide my profile from him.

Honesty is the best policy. And thigns you should discuss within first few meetings is the level of iman you are at. Do you listen to music? do they consider is haraaam? Do they holiday on thier own? do they go without mahram? Do they pray fard and sunnah? etc etc these are all important. And i think the sooner you establish these things and figure out if you are compatible in deen the rest will be easyer. And also not as important.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 16, 2010, 05:21 PM »

-as i say it easy to judge person, but i personally try nt judging ppl and always beeeing like an open book

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Mar. 30, 2010, 05:44 AM »

i absolutely would use facebook to judge a person (but only to an extent). as muslimah21 mentioned, most of the things ppl put on facebook r true. but a person is more than their profile, yes even their facebook profile (where some ppl even like to list what they last ate). so its best to use facebook as a starting point. i think its good that he brought it up, because now u guys can discuss these things. and u can find out now if he is the right guy for u, or if u r just wasting ur time with him, because ur views on life r so different from his.

khadija

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 30, 2010, 05:44 AM »

i absolutely would use facebook to judge a person (but only to an extent). as muslimah21 mentioned, most of the things ppl put on facebook r true. but a person is more than their profile, yes even their facebook profile (where some ppl even like to list what they last ate). so its best to use facebook as a starting point. i think its good that he brought it up, because now u guys can discuss these things. and u can find out now if he is the right guy for u, or if u r just wasting ur time with him, because ur views on life r so different from his.

Eemo

« Reply #8 on: Mar. 30, 2010, 10:42 AM »

I have used Facebook in the past to get a balanced view of someone. I don't judge someone based on their Facebook page alone, but it helps to create an overall picture of someone.

You can tell alot about a person, based on what they themselves tell you and what their Facebook tells you.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org