Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Height.. A BIG DEAL???  (Read 4784 times)

Yaseen88

Re: Height.. A BIG DEAL???
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 02, 2009, 12:48 PM »

Umar ibn Khattab (r.a.) was 6'2 mashallah ;) !!! I am only 5'9 / 5'10 mashallah !

Prophet Muhammed s.a.w. was of Medium height but when a tall person would meet with Muhammed s.a.w. he (the tall person) would look the same height to Prophet Muhammed s.a.w.

I personally feel that height does not matter if you ask me !!!

MuslimMD85

« Reply #16 on: Dec. 03, 2009, 02:36 AM »

asSalaam'alayku

I prefer tall....

I actually wouldnt mind if she;s my height or even taller....thats very rare thought considering I'm 5'11''

Muslimah21

« Reply #17 on: Dec. 03, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Exactly its not a big deal. I mean if that person has all the right qualities i think its pretty shallow to reject them on the basis of height lol.
I heard about a sister who was rejected becuase of her height! and she was 5'4 and he literally said to her i cant marry someone as short as you. lol what a joke!!
Some people are very strange subhanallah. If you ask me need a slap around the head  :D :D

MuslimMD85

« Reply #18 on: Dec. 04, 2009, 01:30 AM »

Exactly its not a big deal. I mean if that person has all the right qualities i think its pretty shallow to reject them on the basis of height lol.
I heard about a sister who was rejected becuase of her height! and she was 5'4 and he literally said to her i cant marry someone as short as you. lol what a joke!!
Some people are very strange subhanallah. If you ask me need a slap around the head  :D :D

I think that is perfectly alright for a brother or sister to reject someone based on that. After all height comes under physical characteristics and they are just as important as one's personality. Physical characteristics might not be as important for most sisters as they are for most brothers but I think it's a valid reason to reject someone, specially if a brother or sister thinks he/she can find someone taller with similar personality and piety.

I personally wouldn't reject someone based on just height, but it would be something I would really think about considering I prefer taller than average women.

Allahu'Alam

Muslimah21

« Reply #19 on: Dec. 04, 2009, 03:11 PM »

Yes its a preference but when they tick all the other boxs i think its a little shallow. but at least the other person is saved from thier shallowness. Who would want to end up married to someone like that.
For me personality comes before looks. And i wouldnt reject a person based on looks. if he has everything else then Khalas. I am no beauty queen and nor is anyone else. They need to wake up! :D

:P

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: Jun. 03, 2010, 12:56 PM »

i dnt think there is brother shorter than me. lol  :D

SimplyMe

« Reply #21 on: Jan. 06, 2011, 01:41 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

I'm playing a bit of catch up.

Sure such superficial things shouldn't make a difference since there are more important considerations.  However, having said that, a man is supposed to be the protector of a woman and so for me, being with a man shorter than me will not give me the sense of physical safety, security and protection that I'm looking for.

As salaamu alaikum
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org