Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Single sisters  (Read 5045 times)

Muslimah21

Single sisters
« on: Feb. 02, 2009, 07:38 PM »

Any one have any advice for single sisters ???

.... i do need some. lol

brisingr9

Re: Single sisters
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 27, 2009, 03:44 AM »

This is for u. Dont take advice from people who call themselves moderate In Islam.

Muslimah21

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 27, 2009, 07:01 PM »

thank you i do already know that. i listen to what they ahev to say which is all rubbish and it goes in one ear and out the other.

brisingr9

« Reply #3 on: Feb. 28, 2009, 06:15 PM »

another piece of advice!! Give charity and always remember you lord because in rememberance of your lord your heart finds peace..

layla79

« Reply #4 on: Apr. 14, 2009, 11:08 AM »

“…hearts find peace in the remembrance of Allah. It is in the remembrance of Allah that hearts find peace” (Ar Ra'd:28).

reeldeel

« Reply #5 on: Apr. 14, 2009, 04:40 PM »

absolutely true there will always be an emptiness with out the remembrance of allah

Muslimah21

« Reply #6 on: Apr. 15, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Of course, but everyone gets to a stage when they begin to feel very lonely. Especially for me, haveing arab roots i am sooo used to living with a large family, always seeing lots of people, being social.
Now everyone is moving on, and it is in our nature to be social and allah has placed mercey and love between men and women.
The prophet SAW said the best thing you can have in this life is a Rightous partner. Not money, not a vila, not a high status job, but a rightous partner  :)

Hamza81

« Reply #7 on: May. 13, 2009, 01:25 AM »

Asalaamu alaikum what i would say is just have full hope and reliance in Allah because at times Shaythan can make us think that we will never find anyone and that we will never be happy with that special person but Allah will find us the right partners we just have to have full reliance and hope in him at all times because EVERYTHING is in his hands and his hands alone! The nikah is done in jannah before it is done here on earth. If we do things the right way then surely Allah will find us the best and perfect partners for us and we should ALWAYS make much dua especially in the thrid portion of the night when duas are more readily accepted and may Allah grant us all pious beautiful partners! Ameen

In Surah At-Tauba: 51, Allah (SWT) says "Say: 'Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector': And on Allah let the Believers put their trust."

In Surah Ash-Shu'araa:217Allah (SWT) says  "And put thy trust on the exalted in Might, The Merciful."

In Surah Al-Imran:159, Allah (SWT) says   "...Then, when thou hast taken a decision, put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? In Allah, then, Let believers put their trust.   3:160

Umar Ibin Al Khattab narrated that he heard Allah's Messenger say,   "If you were to trust in Allah genuinely, He would give you provision as He does for the birds which go out hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening. Tirmidhi and Ibin Majah (sahih).

Muslimah21

« Reply #8 on: May. 13, 2009, 01:09 PM »

Thank you for mentioning those beautiful ayats :D
That cheered me up alot.

3bdiAllaah

« Reply #9 on: Jun. 14, 2010, 05:18 AM »

i as a brother would try to advise you from a brothers perspective

1. dont do anything without a wali

=> this would totally filter time wasters, theyd be scared and run away

2. dont talk to them at all in khilvah ( privacy )

=> this would further filter out non serious people

3. if you have a habit of talking to non mahrams, i.e free mixing a lot

=> stop it for the sake of Allaah, and this can seriously mess up your marriage chances

4. it is 70 times better to talk to someone who geographically located near you than anyone who lives away

=> this would be better because insha Allaah you ll be able to have a face to face meeting with him in the presence of a mahram from your side, which would considerablly decrease the chances of you two being engaged in uneeded interactions off or on the internet

5. his character has to be sound, in islam we judge people by what they practise not by what they say/preach

=> this would be a filter for well... lets say more reliable men

6. the guy has to be ready to be married, i.e finance/social implications

=> he might not have the finance and might have social implications preventing him to get married, this person is NOT recommended at all

7. ask ur wali to ask the guy if he likes you or not, really likes you or not, which means would go to lengths to marry you, and observe his behavior closely, he must never say anything negative about his marriage with you, if he has ANYTHING negative to say, leave

=> this implies he is being double minded about u, doesnt trust u etc, this marriage is NOT recommended at all

all of this(above) has to be, with three prime conditions
he must at least

1.NOT neglect salah
2.HAS the correct aqidah
3.and you can see sunnah in his life

hitmark

« Reply #10 on: Aug. 02, 2010, 11:56 AM »

The fact is, it's typically not men who play games, its women! Men be familiar with what they desire and then keenly try to catch it. Women on the other hand, are hardly ever direct or obvious about saying what they want… so women are in fact the ones who play games.

Men are either ready to be in a long term, dedicated relationship or they're not. And it’s cute easy to tell the difference between a man who just wants to date and one who is interested in a commitment. The problem is, women frequently do not pay attention to the signs.

superman

« Reply #11 on: Aug. 02, 2010, 06:04 PM »

Absolutely spot on with that point "hitmark". Couldnt have said it better myself.
Its so true. Yes there are many men out there that are players, but they're very open about it.

And their are brothers that are dependable, in it for the long term, and they get 'messed around' by sisters who cant tell the difference.

anothertry38

« Reply #12 on: Nov. 17, 2010, 01:20 PM »

Don't listen to those aunties who think that their kids are God's gift to the world and deserve the very best, while everyone's else's kids are nothing but pine scum that should accept anything that comes and be thankful that someone even thought of them. I have one like that in the community and she is disgusting. She proudly states that her son can marry anyone he wants because there are so many girls, and then in the same breath tells me that I am too picky because I am not interested in marrying someone who is one or more of the following: 20 years older than me, does not have green card/citizenship, is divorced with kids.

DO NOT LISTEN to these women....they like to break you down mentally and emotionally....

make lots of duaa, and make istikhara when u get a proposal and finally the best advice i got (besides making istikhara): Think outside the box....don't set a certain mold of who you want and then search for him. instead see what you get as proposals, see if it what they have serves your needs, then make istikhara.

Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org