Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Does A Marriage require 100%  (Read 1436 times)

Nannysam

Does A Marriage require 100%
« on: Oct. 14, 2010, 10:12 PM »

Assalam Alakium,

I hope ur all well inshallah. Just wandering what your guys views are on the this:

A marriage requires 100% commitment and getting married whilst studying is not possible! ?
I personally think that you can get married whilst studying, i don't think that it should come in the way of married life. What do you guys think?

p.s Im sorry for my spelling errors! You guys will soon come to know my spelling is awful.

JenBean71

Re: Does A Marriage require 100%
« Reply #1 on: Oct. 15, 2010, 01:14 AM »

Asalam alaikum,
Dear Nannysam,

Marriage requires 100% commitment to Islam, where you are good to each other, resolving to get through life together, inshaAllah.

In a marriage, you and your spouse still live your lives and have responsibilities, while maintaining your rights towards each other and enjoying life as married, inshaAllah.

Married people need to develop ways of adjusting to the things that change your lives, such as the loss of a job, the birth of a child, the illness of a parent (sometimes all these happen at once..).

I am in school and I find it's the only predictable and stable aspect of my life, whereas people are always changing, growing, making mistakes, etc. Alhamdulillah.

Al-Qamar

« Reply #2 on: Oct. 15, 2010, 08:39 AM »

Assalamu alaykum,

I believe that getting married whilst studying is not only possible, but encouraged and advised (only because I can't think of any reason to not get married... get married!!)

Let's consider the reality. When you marry someone, it's not like you're super-glued to that person that you have to be with them 24/7. Yes, for a significant portion of the time, but there's no reason why studies can't fit into your life either. And if you're already on that path, then I'm sure any reasonable brother wouldn't have an issue - it's not like you're going to be in formal education forever?

Also, for sisters it would be slightly easier because us men are very easy to keep happy in a marriage. As one of my sheikhs said, the key to keeping guys happy is SFS... Sex, Food & Sports. Make sure he is never deprived of any, and he'll think he's in jannah!

The other thing is mankind was not created to be alone. Allah (swt) created us in pairs, and before Allah created Jannah for Adam (as), He gave him a wife because she would be better and more dear to him. And women were created for their husbands.

Nannysam

« Reply #3 on: Oct. 15, 2010, 09:59 PM »

Exactly im sooo pleased that some people agree!  :)
You just need the right person, who is understanding. Education helps broaden one's thinking and makes you open your eyes to things which seemed kinda silly before. As long as you never let go of your deen, inshallah Allah will never let you down. I think it must be a cultural way of thinking that when u get married  you sign ur life away...you must be a housewife and just cook and clean and do nothing else...I believe that its ones duty as a wife to maintain the household and care for her husband and family, and thats one of the paths to Jannah. At the end of the day life is a test isn't it? Im sure it must be well difficult though, as it is perfecting half your deen and most things which are good for our imaan aren't always easy.

I Walk Alone...

« Reply #4 on: Nov. 24, 2010, 11:41 AM »

No. 110%
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org