Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheikh Yasir Qadhi  (Read 3135 times)

Nannysam

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi
« on: Oct. 25, 2010, 08:20 PM »

Assalam U Alakium,
I hope my wonderful brothers and sisters are well and in the best of imaan, InshAllah. At the GPU Sheikh Yasir Qadri had a seminar on marriage and love (lol i think it was called that) Well..It was really gud, he talked about some really important points  which he nailed right on the head...He spoke of the languges of love which again was amazing stuff. I have heard his lecures before but this one was just amazing!
Did anyone else, attend the seminar? I made notes, but didn't get to record it as my battery died.The sheikh mentioned his website 'like a garmet' anyone heard of it?
Kind regards

Al-Qamar

Re: Sheikh Yasir Qadhi
« Reply #1 on: Oct. 25, 2010, 09:29 PM »

His name is Yasir Qadhi, and masha'Allah he's a very good orator. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times.

The website he's most active on is MuslimMatters.org. He's also associated with Al-Maghrib institute (they run some courses here in the UK, but they're mainly US based). Another sheikh he often hangs out with is Sheikh Yasir Birjas, and he's run a course on marriage called 'Fiqh of Love', which is very good.

But by far and away the best, I have to say, is Sheikh Alaa's "Home Sweet Home", if you ever get the chance, GO!!

Nannysam

« Reply #2 on: Oct. 26, 2010, 08:32 PM »

Salaam, My mistake :-[...I did say im terrible with Spelings, so please do correct me when ever i make any. lol..
A friend of mine went to 'Home Sweet Home', Last time it came to my home town i went to Umrah so i missed it..InshAllah when it comes again i'll be going, if Allah wills. MashAllah, you met him...wow..I am a bit of a kid when it comes to Sheikh's even when i saw them at the GPU i was very excited lol.. And yes, i have heard of Yasir Birjas ( i hope ive spelt it right this tym) I've heard the lectures. MashAllah very talented Sheikhs.

Al-Qamar

« Reply #3 on: Oct. 28, 2010, 01:27 AM »

No worries, I only wanted to correct the spelling of his name in case you searched for his lectures or something... Spelling his name correctly certainly helps in that regard ;)

And yes, alhumdulillah, I've met him a few times, though the last time was about 3 years ago now. Nothing to be shy about, they're just people, but then I suppose as a guy it's easier for me :)

Which is your home town? HSH has been done in Manchester, London & Birmingham. London one was the best by far!!

cinders

« Reply #4 on: Oct. 28, 2010, 08:01 PM »

Salam.
I signed up to some email course on Like A Garment. It was basically a series of emails somewhere still
in my inbox (& still not read). I can copy & paste into your PM inbox if you so wish?? Let me know ok?

Nannysam

« Reply #5 on: Oct. 28, 2010, 09:24 PM »

Jazakallah khairun cinders, But my friend had recently emailed me them...but many thanks for the thought.
And Al Qamar, I am easily pleased, when i see a sheikh i have heard alot I get so exicted lol (kinda funni really) and then i return back to earth and think to myself
 'You  can't just approach the sheikh' and say 'Your a great sheikh mate, i really love your work' lol. Its a little difficult for the sisters to show their appreciation. I'm from Birmingham, well born and bred there so i call it home.lol.. Im sure London was way better it often is...

Al-Qamar

« Reply #6 on: Oct. 28, 2010, 11:08 PM »

True, but it didn't help that the sheikh lost his voice on the first day in Birmingham... that was also the last day I spent with my wife :(

Nannysam

« Reply #7 on: Oct. 29, 2010, 12:41 AM »

Aww sorry brother, May Allah (swt) ease every humans difficulties...so ur a brummie too?

Al-Qamar

« Reply #8 on: Oct. 29, 2010, 09:02 AM »

Thanks. No, not a Brummie, I'm from one if the more smaller communities... but I travel around in the pursuit of knowledge :)
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org