Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Qualities of a husband  (Read 1029 times)

khadija

Qualities of a husband
« on: Dec. 04, 2010, 03:38 AM »

Assalaamulikum all,

Recent my family and I came to the mutual agreement that it is time for me to start looking to get married. My parents asked me, what are you looking for in a husband. I tried to explain but somehow it all became quite convoluted. What I wanted to say is that I want 1. a person of good character 2. someone who values the religion but is not conservative 3. one who's personality will match with mine.

It was hard to explain what I wanted because good character is such a vague description. And a good personality match isn't something I can explain. It's like good chemistry, you either feel it or you don't. And finally, most people, including my parents are conservative muslims. So it's hard to explain what I meant by someone who is both religious but not a typical conservative.

Finally, I wondered if I was missing a few qualities. The ones that are easiest to look for are of course, age, looks (height, skin color, etc), income, education, and location. But I feel like those are less important.

So what do you think are important qualities to consider when searching for a spouse?
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org