Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: How to deal with sadness...  (Read 2377 times)

SalwaR

How to deal with sadness...
« on: Feb. 24, 2011, 12:02 AM »

Asalam waliykum brothers and sisters  :)

Inshallah you are all in the best of deen and health.

Just wanted to know how you deal with sadness?
How do you deal with the "Reality check"

For example, freind or family member is getting married. Alhamdulillah very happy and then, bam, out of know where reality check and the sadness hits. You are single, have not even met anyone and not going to be geting married any time soon.
(This is what im going through now)

I suppose it does not help i live alone,  :(
I make dua and constintly in rememberance of Allah.
I try to keep myself busy i have a few hobbies like my arts 'n' crafts. I am forever watching Islamic programmes and islamic TV. I tryand meet up with sisters when i am not working.
The distractions work for a while and the worries go away, then i come back to reality and back at square one... i am single, and have not met anyone even remotly suitable for me.

Also doesnt help when i meet up with my freinds or any sisters, men as in marriage is the main topic. We ask everyone if they met anyone, listen to all the disastrous meetings...then We have a good old moan about there not being a decent brothers, we cheer ourselves up with some marriage humour and we will repeat this the next time we meet up  :D

Al-Qamar

Re: How to deal with sadness...
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:09 AM »

Distract yourself with things you love to do, keep yourself in good company... and pray a lot! And when I mean pray... I mean *really* pray, out loud if you can... lose yourself in the recitation and let time pass away... and when you're in sujood, let it all out.

Subhan'Allah, it does wonders, and the ayat in 13:28 rings true "verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest"

SalwaR

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:26 AM »

Inshallah, i will do more.

I myself only started ot practice properly in the last 3/4 years so i have so much to learn, i think sabr is one of those things..

Al-Qamar

« Reply #3 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 02:13 AM »

Hold on a second... according to your profile, you've got the "Don't be Sad" book?? That's an amazing book, full of gems! Surely that's got something that works for you?

SalwaR

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 10:59 AM »

Yeah i do, and yes alhamdulillah has so much good advice, but still does not eradicate sadness completely and permenantly..

anothertry38

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 25, 2011, 04:25 AM »

Read Quran, do thikr...when I was in my twenties, I would get depressed everytime I heard about someone getting married or having a baby (or another baby!) Then I realized that when I said "alhamdullah" over and over again, my heart would calm down, and the sadness would disappear. Now that I have surpassed the age of 30, it doesn't faze me any longer. I am very accepting of my situation and know that this is what God has written for me alhamdullah.

brisingr9

« Reply #6 on: Oct. 20, 2012, 03:58 AM »

Well let's say it this way that sadness is satans tool to discourage a believer and bring down his spirits ; If u just remember onething strongly that everything is already prewritten and being sad is like you are not happy with what your creator has for you ; A believer has nothing to be sad about just be patient and pray for everything happens for our good ; the Quran repeatedly tells a believer to be patient ; A sad mind cannot worship his creator properly so be cheerful and be at peace:) hope this helps :)
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org