Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic  (Read 2416 times)

Al-Qamar

Magic
« on: Feb. 23, 2011, 01:36 PM »

Assalamu alaykum all,

In Surah al-Baqarah, ayat 102, Allah (swt) discusses the issue of sihr (magic, I loathe to use the term "black magic" because that implies there's a "white magic", which there isn't... magic is magic!), and Allah (swt) mentions very clearly and explicitely that it's used to break marriages primarily (and this ties in to the hadith of the shaytan who breaks a marriage being the most loved by Iblis). And this is done in a variety of ways (jinn causing arguments between spouses, making one behave strangely, and even preventing intimacy).

Now, it's my personal belief that the majority of "common folk" (i.e. people like you and me) are unaware of the danger that sihr actually poses. I think perhaps because we maybe don't realise the severity of it, or maybe because Hollywood has put a nice glitter upon it (e.g. Harry Potter)... or maybe we expect the signs to be obvious, or that no-one in the West would practise it?

Having learned the signs & dangers, etc, I'm actually quite concerned as to how real it actually is. I believe it's something I've already been in contact with (it's the only rational explanation for certain events), and even on a recent trip to Birmingham, a friend and I went to a takeaway which had taweez (magical spells) on the wall!

I wanted to raise the topic with you guys to see, generally, if a problem arose in the marriage which seemed completely bizarre or whatnot, would the possibility of magic even arise in your mind? Are we generally aware of its existence, and do we know the steps to protect ourselves and our spouse from this evil?

Alhumdulillah, I was fortunate enough to attend this event:

Black Magic Seminar

The 'event' referred to in the video is also completely true. Sheikh Yasir Qadhi did this event originally 4 years ago, and there were two posessed sisters there, which, shall we say, caused a significant disturbance.

There was also a minor exhibition at the recent one too... so it's definitely real (in the sense of, it's happening to us now and there are people walking around who are possessed)... may Allah (swt) protect us from its effects and those who practise it.

SalwaR

Re: Magic
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 23, 2011, 10:07 PM »

OMG you went brother.

SUbhanallah i was going to go but had famly commitments,
I really wanted to go. When i hav discussed with shiekhs in the past these matters and how it plauges my family and community they were not able to help.

Allahu allam, i have not really seen the effects and due to my lack in knowladge i dont know if i could identify it. But in my extended family there are members who practice Magic... Its from the "Backward" traditions in Morocco. Even when i go to vsit i still see evdence of it, stalls in markets selling rare and strange ingrideints. Dried hedghog, dried frog, bones, spices and herbs to burn. etc etc.

I have seen it happen a lot in my community.
Astagfirallh, My grandmother once told me when she was younger and in Morocco, she once visited a family freinds house, univited only to walk into the ladies kitchen, where she was torturing frogs... had them hung up by thier legs and had insence burning away, while slowly torturing these poor frogs with sharp objects. Astagfirallah,authobillahi... May Allah prtect us from this evil thing.

a few days later a women in the community died, quiet unexpectently and my grandmother is convienced it was due to the magic this women was performing. Astagfirallah... i is very scarey. The only cure is Allah and seeking refuge in Allah from th accursed Saytan.

SalwaR

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 23, 2011, 10:11 PM »

In morocco also they have a strong tradition of wearing the amulat, the all for seeing eye, which protects you from the evil eye of others. its usually mounted onto what they call "the hand of fatima" as a necklace or wall hanging or paintings.

In my naivety as a child, i picked out one of these necklaces thinking they were cool and different. I had no knowladge of its meaning. I wore it everyday for 9years never taken it off. When i found out you can garuntee i did take it off and hide it away. I didnt throw it away... it was 12ct gold afterall  :)

SalwaR

« Reply #3 on: Feb. 23, 2011, 10:25 PM »

There is a video availble for al ftrah seminat where can i watch it?

If you have it, can you please post it or send it to me. Min-fadliek akhie  :)

Al-Qamar

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 23, 2011, 11:33 PM »

Actually, you're in luck this time ukhti... this one is available here. The DVD set is the entire lecture as done by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi back in 2007... except for the exorcisms of the two jinn themselves (although you can see the build-up and aftermath, the exorcisms are not present to preserve the identity and honor of the sisters who were affected).

The booklet is the course notes summarised. Again, worth having :)

Yes, it's a shame that these things are practised so much back home. Even in Pakistan, it happens quite a lot and there's a lot of misinformation about it, and I even believe people have done it here too. May Allah (swt) protect us all.

SalwaR

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 23, 2011, 11:44 PM »

i thought it was a link lol, i like freebies.  :)

Thanks for sharing

Al-Qamar

« Reply #6 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:06 AM »

Me too... unfortunately the sheikhs like to get paid (otherwise how else can they continue to do what they do), which is why they make us agree not to distribute the material.

Your alternative choice is to find a potential husband who already has all this material, such that you can access it as you wish ;)

SalwaR

« Reply #7 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:25 AM »

Insallah i do hope so. I would be very happy if my husband was a man of knowladge, he is like a library full of knowladge, stories etc.  :)

anothertry38

« Reply #8 on: Feb. 25, 2011, 04:33 AM »

There is a sister I know (and this is going to sound really offensive, so I apologize if it does) who thinks she is either possessed or has magic done on her. She says that right before the adhan comes for usually maghrib or isha, she passes gas. I know this sounds offensive so please forgive me. She says that sometimes she will be very busy in her work and will not notice the time, then she releases gas, only to look at the time and realize that it is maghrib or isha. Is this possible? Or is she just paranoid?

Al-Qamar

« Reply #9 on: Feb. 25, 2011, 11:27 AM »

My first guess would be that it's merely coincidence.

The easiest way to check is to perform the adhaan over her (i.e. don't just say the adhaan within her earshot... look at her directly and recite the adhaan at her, and see what happens). If she's fine, she feels no repulsion or anything, I'd guess she was fine.

You could also try reciting ayat, but some jinn are strong and can take the pain... but the adhaan burns them (there's an authentic hadith regarding this matter).

You could also take some water, recite al-Fatihah and then spit over the glass (make the action and noise of spitting, but don't permit any spit to actually come out from your mouth). Do this seven times and give it to her to drink. If it tastes like normal water to her, then she's fine insha'Allah.

anothertry38

« Reply #10 on: Feb. 26, 2011, 12:31 AM »

Al-Qamar, just out of curiosity, what is your nationality/origin?

Al-Qamar

« Reply #11 on: Feb. 26, 2011, 01:38 PM »

Pakistani, why?

Basheera001

« Reply #12 on: Mar. 16, 2011, 06:35 AM »

subhanAllah thats quite a scary topic to check out at night! but thanks for the post, its going to be quite beneficial! I'm loving this so far! I just joined and its got a lot of helpful information MashaAllah! :)

riteshnarula

« Reply #13 on: Oct. 31, 2011, 06:10 AM »

God is great no doubt.

SalwaR

« Reply #14 on: Nov. 25, 2011, 03:59 PM »

uhhhh i have read about Ruqiya and nowhere have i read about spitting in a glass. This is merely innovation, and i would strongly advice reading before taking anyones advice even mine. Do your research.
Best thing to do is read quran to her, Baqarah and three kuls. This everyone knows and is effective.

For herself she can stand in night prayers... last 3rd of the night.
Before sleeping turn onto her right, place her right hand between the pillow and her face, and then read fatiha, and three kuls. Blow into her hands afterwards and wipe her hands over her body as much as she can The prophet SAW used to do this beore sleeping.
Make a dua there are many to choose from and sleep.

Also at the time of Athan she should get herself into the habit of reciting what the muathen is saying and make the dua at the end. This is benificial also.
If this does not help then you need to see a shiekh, Hijjama is very good also.
But first try reading Quran.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org