Advertisement:

Poll

What is your idea of the perfect walima?

Segregated and Islamic
- 2 (50%)
Mixed with Music and dancing
- 0 (0%)
Entertainment, and all the works
- 0 (0%)
A meal out for close friends and family
- 1 (25%)
No walima (cant afford it/ cant be bothered)
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: Mar. 06, 2011, 12:08 AM

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream wedding  (Read 1590 times)

SalwaR

Dream wedding
« on: Feb. 24, 2011, 12:08 AM »

Salam bros/sisters

I just wanted to see what you guys think your perfect walima would be.

I would also like to know what the brothrs think in particular, is the walima more about the bride? woul you do anything for the bride? etc.

Be interesting to know.

Jazakum allahu khier

Al-Qamar

Re: Dream wedding
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:11 AM »

I would also like to know what the brothrs think in particular, is the walima more about the bride? woul you do anything for the bride? etc.
So long as it was within my means and permissible, yes. It's her day as far as I'm concerned.

SalwaR

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 01:28 AM »

well it wouldnt be anything, you voted segregated and Islamic  ;D
So if she wanted something not permissible in Islam would you do that?

Al-Qamar

« Reply #3 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 02:05 AM »

Simple answer, no... but I wouldn't tell her that ;D

I'd avoid the subject, and try to present her with something better that was halal... and insha'Allah she'll forget about the other idea she wanted to pursue. Failing that, if she was dead set she wanted haraam, then the only other option would be to not have a walima (which implies the marriage wouldn't happen).

It's better to walk away right at the very beginning when you know your potential spouse is unsuitable, rather than years down the line when there may be kids involved too.

SalwaR

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 10:53 AM »

Ok i agree,

I but i also think it is something you need to say straight up and be honest from the start.
It will save you from a lot of dissapointment.

Al-Qamar

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 24, 2011, 12:00 PM »

Ukhti, the Prophet (saw) likened women to glass bottles because they're delicate... if I was to say 'no' to my potential spouse right before the moments of marriage, she might shatter... you women are strange creatures, I must say ;)

It would be better to present something different, but better insha'Allah. If someone has dirt in their hand, and you criticise it, it will only make them hold onto it tighter. If you show them the diamond or pearls in your hand, they'll let go of the dirt of their own accord, insha'Allah :)

jannah

« Reply #6 on: Feb. 26, 2011, 05:58 AM »

Hmmm, this poll seems rather biased :) It's either all segregated/nomusic/halal or haram? No other choices? There is such a thing as MIXED and HALAL weddings that do have music (nasheed). That's what I vote for.

SalwaR

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 14, 2011, 01:15 AM »

hmm i disagree, if its mixed, where women are beautified and men can see them its haram.
The women would have to be covered correctly and not bautified and not dancing or making themselves noticed by the men.

I know becuase Moroccan weddings are this way. Women come dressed to impressed, even those in hijab, beautified with full makeup and start dancing, and then you have the men staring and enjoying the haramness, as i like to call it.

iv been to one asian wedding, where it was mixed. a sit down meal. Music but no dancing. But brothers and sisters were in full view of one another, the asian girls in thier best saris and outfits dressed for men who are not thier mahrams. Dressed how the should only dress for thier spouce. It was an experince.... and all that happens is the single girls n guys check each other out. That is the purpose to oggle at each other. lol
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org