you and your wife?
- 0 (0%)
All the family?
- 0 (0%)
Just for the bride and her fam/freinds?
- 2 (100%)
The community to show off?
- 0 (0%)
The inlaws to show them you know how to throw a party?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: Mar. 16, 2011, 12:15 AM

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Salam Brothers....  (Read 1260 times)

SalwaR

Salam Brothers....
« on: Feb. 24, 2011, 12:15 AM »

Salam brothers,

I just wanted to see what you thought about the walima and how important it is for men. Is it equally important to you as it is for the bride?
In the Moroccan culture the walima, henna night etc etc is all aimed at making the bride to be feel like a princess she gets pampered and does not do anything to help, just be waited on hand and foot. While the groom runs about organising things with his family like headless chickens.

The bride is prepared for the occasion with trips to the hamam, lavish treatments the works!
The groom does nothing to prepare apart from organise everything!!!!  :D

Ilyas

Re: Salam Brothers....
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 01, 2011, 03:58 PM »

I had voted for the meal option in your other poll. The reason for that is because I feel the whole walima business takes away from the...I can't think of the word I want to use...the specialness(that's not it but it will have to do) of the day. Instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars on just that one day, I would rather spend that money for a house, charity, investment, the honeymoon, etc. I admit that it's important for the families and it's a great way for the two families to bond but that can be done just as well by having them over for dinner or both families going on a trip. I would much rather enjoy that sort of a walima than the usual ceremonies we have today.

By the way, by families I don't mean nucleur families but cousins, uncles, aunts, etc. as well. Alhumdulillah I have about 40 members in my extended family and I'd assume she'd have around that or more possibly in hers so it will be a nice big group inshAllah.

The people who have been through marriage, do you think this is a good idea? Because now that I have it written down, I am starting to think of soo many things that could go wrong lol.

Shah

Re: Salam Brothers....
« Reply #2 on: Aug. 08, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Its called a waste of money
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org