Advertisement:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are you still single?  (Read 18462 times)

I Walk Alone...

Re: Why are you still single?
« Reply #60 on: Nov. 24, 2010, 11:43 AM »

1. I'm a revert, makes it hard as a brother. Culture seems to always be a reason.
2. I'm in my early 20's. It's apparently fine for a sister to get married around this age or younger, but for a brother - NOOOO we have to wait. DESPITE the sunnah.

It sucks.
I'm having trouble.
A lot of trouble.

anothertry38

« Reply #61 on: Nov. 24, 2010, 02:03 PM »

Your post made me smile. I think being too young is a problem a lot of us would rather have than being too old! lol

as for your situation, think of it this way. your life is a road trip that your taking. along the way, you are collecting souvenirs, also known as life experiences, knowledge (both in worldly education, and religious education), and so forth. The rest stops along the way are were you stop to met people and share your souvenirs, also known as the prospective ladies whom you will inshAllah propose to. If you have some neat souvenirs to share, you'll probably catch the attention of some really neat ladies. If not, you will have nothing to share, nothing to make you stand out from the crowd.

so moral of the story, while your looking for the Ms. Right, try to focus on making you the best you that you can.

I Walk Alone...

« Reply #62 on: Nov. 24, 2010, 07:39 PM »

We can trade?
I'd much rather be old, on the deen and happily married.
Than young, single, lonely and underestimated.

JazakaAllahu kheyran for your advice, though.
It does help.

Nannysam

« Reply #63 on: Dec. 29, 2010, 12:08 AM »

I have to agree with i_walk_alone, for some reason, unfortunately  people's expectations are more important than what islam teaches us. Age should never be a issue, but sadly it is.:( I_walk_alone, I know where your coming from.

SalwaR

« Reply #64 on: Feb. 14, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Me and my family are not agreeing on the way i should meet someone and get maried.

For my parens and family in Morocco, it was always on the man to do ALL the work. He goes and looks, he goes and finds, he makes all the moves and he initiates marriage talk etc.
Grwing up in England tht practice is not implemeted here. What they have told me is that, i have to sit at home and wat. I can not show any interest in any man, or even suggest anyone. I have to wait for a man and hi famly to Knock on my door and make all hte moves.

Whereas for me, being active is no haram or desperate, as they say it is. I would prefer to go out, see someone tell a close freind or relative and see if he is interesed. I live in a smll community and all candidates here are out of the question... they do not practice at all. So no one outside my community knows i exist. I have been told we need to move to another community in order to have more chance of meeting someone, however my family are not willin to do that as we have all our family in this town and moving is out of the question.

So until my family realise their way is unpractical and not going to lead to anything i will remain single.

practising_muslimah

« Reply #65 on: Apr. 08, 2011, 02:39 PM »

because most 'religous' men are losers, some of them even prefer kuffar women than muslims, enough said.

Concerned

« Reply #66 on: Apr. 13, 2011, 05:47 AM »

because most 'religous' men are losers, some of them even prefer kuffar women than muslims, enough said.

When I read these kind of statements... To me it looks like nothing better is going to happen for his ummah...

practising_muslimah

« Reply #67 on: Apr. 14, 2011, 02:46 PM »

its a fact though, if muslim men marry kuffar women then naturally the question becomes who will marry muslim women, kuffar men?

Concerned

« Reply #68 on: Apr. 14, 2011, 04:00 PM »

May Allah give hidaya to muslim men. But, I think there are a lot of good muslim brothers who want muslim wives. I don't know why you think likfe that.

SalwaR

« Reply #69 on: Apr. 27, 2011, 10:55 PM »

No becuase most religious men are in hiding, and plus they are in high demand so when one is available he is snapped up quickly lol  :D

Al-Qamar

« Reply #70 on: May. 04, 2011, 01:46 PM »

Err... that's not true! It's the other way around... the religious sisters are hiding, locked away in their homes and whatnot... us guys have no clue where to look or to whom to speak to.

Shah

« Reply #71 on: Sep. 25, 2011, 08:39 AM »

Because Jessica Alba got married.........  :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org