Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: What are some good quotes for your Wedding card?  (Read 31503 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator
What are some good quotes for your Wedding card?
« on: Nov. 11, 2008, 11:34 PM »

Any suggestions for good quotes to place on wedding invitations?

jannah

Re: What are some good quotes for your Wedding card?
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 11, 2008, 01:01 AM »

salam,

There are some good verses about spouses in the Quran you could use:

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in peace and tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect" (Quran 30:21).

"O Humans revere your Guardian Lord, Who created you from a single person created of like nature its mate, and from this scattered (like seeds) countless men and women. Reverence Allah through Whom you claim your mutual rights" (Quran 4:1).

13:23 Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation): 13:24 "Peace unto you for that ye persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final home!"

25:74 And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous."

40:8 "And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art (He), the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.

43:70 Enter ye the Garden, ye and your wives, in (beauty and) rejoicing.

49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

50:7 And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-

brisingr9

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 28, 2009, 06:57 PM »

A nice idea to use quranic versus but don't decorate it to much. Try to make it simple plain.

jannah

« Reply #3 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 12:24 AM »

it's better if the invitation card goes with the theme of the wedding... like using the wedding colors... embossed and big and intricate if the wedding is going to be like that... small decorative if it's going to be a more simple wedding.

Jeremy

« Reply #4 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 05:22 AM »

The first aya Jannah mentioned is the one I've seen on most wedding invitations, and I think of it as the standard heading for a wedding card.
As for the decoration or style of card, men usually don't care much about it, they agree with whatever they feel would make their brides happy. I am myself for cards with less decorations. Recently however I saw a card for a village wedding in India, and I thought it looked amazing, never seen anything like it. It was made from some high quality thick cardboard, and decorated with thread woven around the edges. The whole thing was hand-made and looked more like a letter from one king to another in the 1200s. My friend told me that the card cost them what's equal to $10/card. I know that's too much for a card, but that was one card I'll never forget.

jannah

« Reply #5 on: Mar. 01, 2009, 10:03 PM »

$10 a card!!! and in India!! you've got to be kidding... they invite like a 1000 people to weddings over there... that is just crazy...

Jeremy

« Reply #6 on: Mar. 02, 2009, 02:37 AM »

Well, he's from a relatively rich family, and he said they had three different card styles, and they only sent this style to the top invitees. He gave me one, but since i wasn't going to the wedding I felt guilty about keeping it, so I asked him to give it to someone who may actually go instead.
I'll check if he still has one, if he does I'll post a picture of it here.

jannah

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 02, 2009, 10:52 PM »

lol i can see the conversation now

- so what color is your invitation... oh it's red with the rubies...
- ohh you're second tier i got the 24karat gold one!! that means i can sit close up
- aww man i got the silver one that means i have to sit on the floor :(

for real..most invitations like even really nice one's with all the inserts from David's Bridal will be max $2 per card. there's also some really nice one's online from england with islamic calligraphy and designs.. those would cost maybe .80/card but you also have to pay shipping and handling from england. overseas and places like damascus have some beautiful cards as well..haven't seen all the prices, but for anyone with contacts overseas it's easy to get the cards and then get the inserts printed here to put inside.

someone who was invited to one of the bin laden weddings in syria told me the invitation was sent in a real precious stones jewelry box for one of the daughters! and for one of the son's wedding they sent a real sword and when you pulled it out, carved into the curve were the details of the wedding! and of course a long with that were the invitations and hotel rooms all part of the package mashallah!! :D

brisingr9

« Reply #8 on: Mar. 03, 2009, 03:49 PM »

I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT KEEPING IT SIMPLE AND U GUYS ALREADY STARTED DISCUSSING ABOUT THE RICHES>>>> GREAT!!!!

Jeremy

« Reply #9 on: Mar. 04, 2009, 03:11 AM »

lol... that's taking it a bit beyond the card level. In order to qualify as a card it has to be made from a paper-like material...hehehe
But, that card somehow combined simplicity with the feeling of richness. And I agree with brisingr on this, I prefer simple cards, but with an artistic touch.

LorraineMeares

« Reply #10 on: Dec. 15, 2009, 03:22 PM »

it's better if the invitation card goes with the theme of the wedding... like using the wedding colors... embossed and big and intricate if the wedding is going to be like that... small decorative if it's going to be a more simple wedding.

I really like it when the card portrays the theme of the wedding, especially the use of wedding colors.  It's helpful to guests.  As for a quote, one of my favorites is (although somewhat non-secular): "On this day I will marry my friend, The one who shares my dreams, life, love and faith."

Shah

« Reply #11 on: Aug. 08, 2012, 07:00 AM »

life sentence
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org