Advertisement:

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook Profile Ruins Marriage Proposal ;)  (Read 8599 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator
Facebook Profile Ruins Marriage Proposal ;)
« on: Nov. 11, 2008, 11:40 PM »

salam,

lol thought this was funny... but i do know 99% of ppl google their potential spouses... scary what u got out there huh ;)

======================================================
Facebook Profile Ruins Marriage Proposal

by Hamzah Moin

Hell hath no fury like an engineering graduate scorned. That’s what happened last night when Aman Ahmed’s marriage proposal was declined after a long and rigorous engagement process.

“I don’t get it,” said Ahmed (24), “I’m so religious. I’m so friggin’ good looking. I secured a wicked engineering job. Her parents love me. I had it in the BAG man.” Ahmed was one of the most sought out after brothers in the MSA and it is well known that many sisters actually joined Centennial MSA just to work with him.

However things took a turn for the worst when his would-be fiancé declined his proposal. “Just when I was about to accept him as my future husband I got a link to his Facebook profile” said Wafia Khalil, 22. “It was the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in my life.” Ahmed may have had a rosy and pleasant exterior but his Facebook profile painted a different side to him. “Covering your face with shisha smoke stopped being cool 3 years ago” explained Khalil. “When his ugly face wasn’t being covered with shisha smoke then it was smothered and hugged by some nasty scantily-clad girls. Why would he put such dumb pictures on Facebook?”

Ahmed stated that the pictures were put on there by accident and it was during his ‘bad days’. “Hey we all did stupid stuff in university. I just happen to upload all my sinful behaviour and leave all the pictures tagged for the world to see. I don’t think people have the right to judge me though… I’m still a good guy mashAllah.”

Other bizarre pictures of Ahmed featured him tackling a cheerleader, licking a non-Zabiha hot dog and an interesting close-up of him shaving his legs and eyebrows to join a fraternity. “Yeah, I got a lot of negative feedback about that but my legs are silky smooth now mashAllah”

Aman is also known for harassing people to join various petition groups. “I usually spam people about things like Palestine being delisted as a location in Facebook and how there is some sort of Zionist conspiracy with Facebook. I probably annoy the hell out of people but I know I’m the greatest social activist in the world thanks to Facebook”

The final nail on the coffin for Khalil however, was when she noticed that Aman created a new controversial Facebook group called “I met my future in-laws and they suck” and invited all his friends to join it. Aman declined to comment as to why he created such an open and public group on Facebook, especially since he invited other members of the Khalil family into the group.

Soon after all this, Wafia Khalil closed down her “I want to marry Aman Ahmed” group.

Jeremy

Re: Facebook Profile Ruins Marriage Proposal ;)
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 05, 2008, 04:31 AM »

fb may ruin a marriage proposal, but it may save a marriage from failing at a later point. At least you see what you're getting into beforehand. There's nothing wrong about getting all the facts before making the leap. At least that's what it seems to me.

jannah

« Reply #2 on: Dec. 05, 2008, 06:37 AM »

that is true. you could perhaps find out a lot of little interesting things that maybe you didn't know before. but you also might make wrong assumptions. like 'why is she kidding around with that brother so loosely!' -- when it's her cousin or a little kid from the community or 'she watches so much haram stuff' when she posted a recommendation for some tv show. or 'look at those wack ppl she's hanging out with in that picture' when she just happened to be forced to be in a group picture somewhere. or whatever. ppl make a lot of assumptions so it's better to get to know the person and interact with them instead of assuming things!!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #3 on: Jan. 18, 2009, 07:09 PM »

salaams

good on her. im glad she found out what a creep he was. can you imagien finding out when she was pregnant or later down the line?? that would be hearbreaking to know you married a player and someone who lived in sin and was fully aware of it. yeah thats the problem many boys are doing that and using the excuse that i was at university.
there was this boy who approached my father and im thankfully my father said no, he lived in the flat above me and he lived with two girls not only did he spend time with them he was also very agressive towards them im sure they deserved it from what i heard but the fact he lived with girls and socalised with them was more then enough for me to say no to, but im glad my dad said no. becuase he was all falttery and polite to my father, but i knew he was not like that.

its such a big problem now a days men doing haram things having a sinful past and then keep it hush hush not knowing when it coems out it will cause so many problems. why not be honest and why not just be muslim!

haism007

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 21, 2009, 03:08 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
comments 

thank  GOD he  wasn't she
u know what i mean  .........

Muslimah21

« Reply #5 on: Feb. 21, 2009, 02:55 PM »

you mean no comment? you say that alot? was it you who did that??? :S

brisingr9

« Reply #6 on: Feb. 24, 2009, 04:50 AM »

thank god that creep got caught!! There is an saying that Allah chooses for u a person just like u!! Pray for the best.....!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #7 on: Feb. 26, 2009, 02:49 PM »

Ameen to that brother

:D

The Lion

« Reply #8 on: Mar. 18, 2009, 08:27 AM »

Salams,

Wow, that story amazed me. Posting up a group about in-laws and claiming they suck! Hah! What good is that going to do for you Romeo? The guy got what he deserved.

By the way, I've always been against Facebook or MySpace and all the others, seems pointless to me.

Muslimah21

« Reply #9 on: Mar. 18, 2009, 11:54 AM »

I have Facebook, i keep in touch with my old friends.. its good becuase you can check up on them when you want and drop by and say hi, its not too invasive like given your number to them or email address.
I think its a good idea to see if people on Facebook or myspace. even if you are nto on there you can still search for them and see what they get upto. Sometiems you have to investigate, we do not live in the time of the prophet when people were honest and people gave good character references. we live in an ummah who lie and cheat and do anything to look good. So we need to take extra percaustions especially the sisters who have alot more to loose.

jazakallah khier

Shah

« Reply #10 on: Mar. 18, 2009, 12:06 PM »

poor guy. So he had some fun in the past. whos to say he hasnt changed. i think the girls family overdid it but i guess the guy won out in the end. no one should have such paranoid/critical in-laws.

Mardiyyah

« Reply #11 on: Jun. 23, 2009, 06:38 AM »

Interesting article. WAY to go girl! masha Allah, she sure did drop him like a bad habit!  ;D

justKhan22

« Reply #12 on: Jul. 26, 2009, 12:17 AM »

I hope mine doesnt as i got my baby sisters pic up theyre loll

Muslimah21

« Reply #13 on: Jul. 27, 2009, 05:22 PM »

Well i don't think people are going to think you are dating a baby so you dont need to worry :S unless they are wierdos lol

justKhan22

« Reply #14 on: Jul. 29, 2009, 12:50 AM »

obviously loooll
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org