Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of Muslima.com  (Read 7765 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator
Reviews of Muslima.com
« on: Nov. 10, 2008, 11:51 AM »

REVIEW of Muslima.Com

About the Site:Owned by non-Muslim dating site owners. (Their sister sites include japancupid.com, ukrainedate.com, interacialcupid.com and about 50 others!) Looks like they got a good thing going! Easy to spot this site as it always has that picture of the girl in the red hijab blown up next to a sign that says 'join 100% free!' The first thing you'll notice are these VERY big pictures of beautiful girl's faces on the front page.  

The Crowd: A very mixed diverse crowd from places as far away as Germany, Iran, Lebanon, Fez, Casablanca, Morroco, Italy, France, Egypt, Sudan, Kuwait, Algeria, Saudi. There's really no end.  

POSITIVES:The site hinges on pictures. Therefore everyone has a picture that fills half the page. Pictures are the first thing you see anywhere you click. This could be a good thing as it forces people to put up pictures of themselves (a big one of their face) and everything else falls to the wayside.(They seem to be more advanced than the CIA with face recognition technology where the picture always blows up and focuses on the face!)

Even so, the website is fast and easy to use, though it sometimes logs out out unexpectedly. The layout of profiles is very simple and clean. Very easy to see all the relevant info all in one little space next to their picture. You can also register and show interest for free. You can send messages too, but can only read them if you've paid.

The Search is awesome. You can put in a few things or a lot of things and then it comes up with your list, and then at the bottom it lists your parameters which you can then tweak to get a list of exactly the type of people you're looking for.

NEGATIVES:Major major negative - no filter! You'll end up getting hundreds of "interests" from the weirdest guys all over the world. How annoying is it to sit there and delete these every time you login. They claim to have a filter for emails, but why not for interests or to stop weirdo guys from looking at your profile in the first place.

There are no privacy protections for your picture. No surprise there eh.

For the chat thingey, there's absolutely no way to stop it from popping up. It just does and you can't turn it off! And you can't tell who is trying to chat with you beforehand. You can't view their profile before either. So what can you do? Close the window in the person's face as soon as you see who it is?

Also While one may think the pictures are a good thing, since the whole site is so heavily focused on them, it makes the whole site looks-focused. I also am POSITIVE there are a lot of fake pictures...ie pictures that are photoshopped, fixed or just amazing pictures not true to real life. I'm sure this is especially true with sisters, so brothers you've been warned lol. I know what real girls look like and I do wonder if some of those are fake profiles just to get bros to register!

Most of the profiles don't have any real personal information, just age/height/location type stuff and there might be one line about who they are and what they're looking for. Tons of "separated" guys, "married" guys, all kinds of weird things.

The price: 1 month $25. They must be making tons of money!

CONCLUSIONS: A very huge site with tons of people, and I mean tons. Married, divorced, separated, annulled?, 19 year olds, 30 year olds, 64+ year olds! I think if you're overseas this is a great site for you. There's just hundreds of people to choose from. They definitely are rewarded for their advertising everywhere because the site is so popular. I'm sure especially with guys.  

I'd give it a  :-* :-* :-* 1/2 out of 5 just for it's sheer international (although sometimes gross) diversity and while it has some very annoying features, it also has some very good ones.

What do you guys think of it?

Anonymous

Re: Reviews of Muslima.com
« Reply #1 on: May. 01, 2010, 05:21 AM »

Beware that this site does not let you delete your photos once you upload them. You can "hide" them but never delete them. This might mean they will always keep the photos for advertising purposes so beware.

jannah

« Reply #2 on: Apr. 04, 2011, 04:10 AM »

I don't think they claim to be a Muslim site, nor does shaadi.com or eharmony.com but they are dedicated matrimonial sites that muslims could use. This gives them the advantage in that their technology is very advanced. Muslima.com from the reviews seems to have alot of search features that maybe others could learn from.

jannah

« Reply #3 on: Apr. 04, 2011, 04:15 AM »

I don't think they claim to be a Muslim site, nor does shaadi.com or eharmony.com but they are dedicated matrimonial sites that muslims could use. This gives them the advantage in that their technology is very advanced. Muslima.com from the reviews seems to have alot of search features that maybe others could learn from.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org