Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: How much younger?  (Read 1219 times)

cinders

How much younger?
« on: Apr. 17, 2011, 01:10 AM »

Salam all, a sister I know is looking into a prospective bro for marriage. Anyhow the sis is 5 yr's older than the bro. Her heritage is from Asian sub-continent. The bro is a revert, with Jamaican, Pakistani & French descent. Subhanallah, some of her family members are ok with regards to his heritage ( all Desi people should know what I'm going on about) but they seem to be more concerned about the fact that he is 5 yr's younger than the sis in question. She's single, never married & him too. So I guess my question is
• sis's how much younger would you go or if at all? & reasons why?
•bro's how much younger would you go? Or on flip side, how much older & why?

Ilyas

Re: How much younger?
« Reply #1 on: Apr. 20, 2011, 01:15 AM »

Walaikum Asalam,

I prefer to look at a person's level of maturity rather than age. Even though I prefer to marry someone younger, I wouldn't mind marrying someone older if I find her attractive and appealing. I guess I don't really have a set range of ages I would consider for marriage or won't consider for marriage. As long as she is not so young that people would think she is my daughter and not so old that people would think she is my mother, I think I'd give the idea of marriage a thought. I find the level of maturity and the person's character and personality so much more important than a number.

SalwaR

« Reply #2 on: Apr. 22, 2011, 05:52 PM »

it depends, on two things:

If he is practicing and if he is mature enough. SO if he is older or younger as long as he is a decent brother and mature age aint nothing but a number  :D

the brother i am promised to is 29 coming upto 30 soon. and i am 24 so there is 5/6 years age gap. Mashallah he is very mature and ready to handle responsibilties of marriage.

Shah

« Reply #3 on: Sep. 16, 2011, 06:31 AM »

Age is relative. i know some 30 year olds who act like 16 year olds and vice versa. I think the age issue is overblown
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org