Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: A crisis?  (Read 827 times)

Ilyas

A crisis?
« on: Jun. 10, 2011, 05:59 AM »

Asalam Alaikum,

I went over the shoutbox entries since I haven't been very active here and I chuckled a little at most of them. I don't know if the reason for it was because I found it funny that people still think this is a matrimonial website or the fact that our situations as single Muslims is getting worse. There are too many single sisters and brothers out there, yet we're having trouble finding our better half. Is our expectations too high? Are we not advertising ourselves enough? Maybe we're just overlooking the one we're meant to be with. Or it could be that our families have left us to fend for ourselves. I don't know what the problem is but I do know that I am starting to feel like maybe the problem is more than us, maybe the problem is with society and how every man has to be educated and has to have a nice degree to show for it. Not just that but a nice paying job and a nice home that is his. On top of that, he has to fit their criteria for looks. Beard is a definite no no to some families unfortunately. Hijab being a no no to others. I don't know, I just feel as if we're getting further and further from the Prophet's(saw) teachings. No doubt that education and having an income is important but we seem to be giving them too much significance. Just because a man does not have a bachelor's does not mean he can not make a decent living and just because he is not making 70, 80, 90+ thousand a year does not mean he can not satisfy your daughter's needs. May Allah guide us all inshAllah.

BrotherIslam87

Re: A crisis?
« Reply #1 on: Aug. 04, 2011, 11:46 PM »

I can understand you very well. A "religious" family didn't approve me since I wanted the girl to wear Hijab and I didn't listen to music !!!!. The girl father was distressed when he saw my beard!!!!!To be honest my beard is short not even long.

jannah

Re: A crisis?
« Reply #2 on: Aug. 05, 2011, 12:32 AM »

ws,

keep looking bros... plenty of pious girls out there looking for husbands... but they ain't going to look like aishwariya, nancy or beyonce... so lower ur expectations there and u'll magically find tons of sisters available ;)
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org