Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: British brothers...  (Read 2590 times)

Muslimah21

Re: British brothers...
« Reply #15 on: May. 19, 2009, 11:01 PM »

yes these Sakafis and hanafis and wahabies and malakies etc etc etc, who say everything is haram. They call other muslism Kuffar :O
How can you call a muslim brother kuffar? Then they set up thier own mosques for their sects.... no longer brotherhood... one ummah its division of people, no unity. Thinkign they are better then you, You dotn pray a certain way you are not proper muslim. etc etc etc etc the list goessss onnnn. When did they have a right to say who and who is not muslim? are they god to knwo these things?
And they are divinding ummah which i think goes against the whoel point of islam.
The prophet SAW said your body has rights over you, just as your soul has rights over you.... its like ying and yang... you need to balance your worldly life with your spiritual life. We are spiritual beigns having a human experince... so we can not neglect our bodies and deny its rights?? as the porphet SAW said.
When sahaba said to him, one said he will fast everyday for the year, the other said he will nto marry and abstain from sex, the other said he will pray all night. The prophet SAW noted that as beign too much, your body has rights too. Your body has a right to sleep, to eat, to have sex, to fullfill yoru bodies desires... but within the context fo islam. But some people go to extremes liek the sahaba, not the same xamples but they do other things. They turn into Haram police, and they are nto kind, they do nto smile... they dotn follow sunnah and they are not compassionate towards people. this is Extreme they have lost sight of islam. then on the opposite side you have people who dont give a damn and dont even practice. Middle ground is a person who practices, does wajeb, does extra hassanate, is kind, but also realsies they havea  body that has needs and the ackowladge this.
I have only met peopel on extreme ends. i have not met a proper brother "practicing" if i did i woudl snap him up in a second. LOL, i mean get my brother to hunt him down :D                                     

You understand what i mean now.
I would never compramise on islamic belief, or the teachings of the Qur-an andthe  Prophet SAW.

Hamza81

« Reply #16 on: Jun. 02, 2009, 06:42 PM »

salam,

Lately almost every marriage website/forum I go on, I find British brothers to be way more Islamically minded, knowledgable, religious, well-spoken, compromising, active and accepting of active sisters. They are just so much better than most American brothers! The only problem is I don't want to move to Britain!! :( But lately I've been thinking seriously about moving more and more. I mean if you found the perfect person wouldn't you move to have a happy marriage? I found this to be true when I was studying abroad as well. It must be a lot of environmental factors that make them like this but I wonder if there are negatives, like I don't know how they treat their women over there exactly and how responsible they are towards their families. Maybe I should just like move there for a year as part of school or a program and see how it is?

Asalaamu alaikum, ues this one American brother i talked to the other day online also mentioned that to me he heard that the brothers in Britian are more stronger in their deen but im sure you will find a brother that is also very practising in your area. Just because you have'nt come across one it does'nt mean that their are'nt any because there definatley is.
I think moving to a country where there is more Islam practised would definatley make things easier like for example SouthAfrican i heard is brilliant for practising islam aswell as middle east and Malaysia. I think if a person is meant for you then that person can be found anywhere in the world no matter where it is. I think we should be more open minded but i guess Allah knows best so we should always make Isthikhara before making any such decision.

justKhan22

« Reply #17 on: Jun. 02, 2009, 07:03 PM »

very true

jannah

« Reply #18 on: Aug. 04, 2009, 04:09 AM »

Asalaamu alaikum, ues this one American brother i talked to the other day online also mentioned that to me he heard that the brothers in Britian are more stronger in their deen but im sure you will find a brother that is also very practising in your area. Just because you have'nt come across one it does'nt mean that their are'nt any because there definatley is.
I think moving to a country where there is more Islam practised would definatley make things easier like for example SouthAfrican i heard is brilliant for practising islam aswell as middle east and Malaysia. I think if a person is meant for you then that person can be found anywhere in the world no matter where it is. I think we should be more open minded but i guess Allah knows best so we should always make Isthikhara before making any such decision.

Wsalaam brother yes that is true, but there must be something that accounts for it. perhaps deeni brothers in the UK are more trusting of matrimonial sites or are more comfortable with using them. in the US most marry within their families or cities maybe.

Muslimah21

« Reply #19 on: Aug. 04, 2009, 12:42 PM »

Iv heard the opposite, in america they are more open to marriage sites, especially the reverts and returning muslims. Whereas here its a bit slower to catch on. but i heard alot of people now using it and being succesful, as they say... each to thier own.

shez10

« Reply #20 on: Oct. 13, 2009, 10:23 PM »

Ok I know the topic is pretty much dead by now but I'd like to drop in a few lines of thought too....

Generalising anyone is just wrong, and internet marriage sites are mostly a waste of time, at least they have been for me. I am residing in England and I have been totally honest on these websites, but then the sisters have been quite confused to say the least.

On one hand they talk about religion as utmost important, salah, attaining Jannah etc etc all adding glitter to thier profiles but then when it comes to the point of actually following it through, they become materialistic. Then me telling them that I am religiously inclined, try to keep up with my islamic duties as best as I can etc and other positive attributes take the back seat. They are more interested in which town I grew up, if I could speak English in a similar accent or a more posher one as them, my family background, looks, attractiveness etc etc.

Its like the typical modern world where my non muslim colleagues always say "Good guys end up single - girls like bad boys". 

Muslimah21

« Reply #21 on: Oct. 18, 2009, 02:47 PM »

Salam bro

i totally understand you.
I have had a similar problem. Brothers talk about religion but they don't act on it or they contradict what they say.

But you have to admitt looks are also important. I need to be attracted to the guy if i want to take things further. But i find different things attractive in a guy its not set like some people. "talk dark and handsome" etc etc. Even the Porphet SAW said you need to have that aaspect in the relationship too. But where you come from, accent, education is a bit silly. lol.

Yaseen88

« Reply #22 on: Dec. 04, 2009, 07:13 PM »

To those brothers who wants to do dawah they must first look at their own household !!!

sunshine

« Reply #23 on: Dec. 06, 2009, 06:55 PM »

Salaam, interesting post Jannah!

I guess everyone knows there's good and bad everywhere so judgements based on nationality are all relative.  It could be that more 'good' brothers in the US find it easier to marry through conventional means and thus they don't register in as high numbers on marriage sites as their 'good' British counterparts.  Could be that more of the player types in the US register than over here, and plenty of other similar scenarios.  I'm British (asian) and have come across good brothers here mashaAllah and equally some bad ones (some out right dodgy ones!).  Being practical I guess you should start first with what's easiest and they hey, what's the harm in looking across the pond as us Brits like to phrase it ;) .  I think if you were considering someone abroad though, you would have to seriously ask yourself if you would be able to go through with the move (assuming the person is a good one).  I always thought it would be cool to marry a bro who was studying Islam abroad in an Islamic country...then when I actually got a proposal from such a brother I found I couldn't go through with it.  He wanted to live in the Mid East for another 9 years or so and I found that was too much for me.  Guess it all depends on the individual, so that's all relative too lol :) .

Sunshine

Muslimah21

« Reply #24 on: Dec. 09, 2009, 02:16 PM »

Yeah its true.... it depends on the person.
 I know many sisters who have married Arab men from middle east and even Morocco where i am from and they are asian or english and it worked out well for them, subhanallah. It depends... and allah knows what is best for us, who is best for us... and who we deserve. Becuase you marry someone is like yourself. Belivers are meant for belivers and non believers are meant for non believers. And allah knows best.

jazakallah khier
Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org