Advertisement:

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down

Author Topic: British brothers...  (Read 2591 times)

jannah

British brothers...
« on: Dec. 08, 2008, 08:11 AM »

salam,

Lately almost every marriage website/forum I go on, I find British brothers to be way more Islamically minded, knowledgable, religious, well-spoken, compromising, active and accepting of active sisters. They are just so much better than most American brothers! The only problem is I don't want to move to Britain!! :( But lately I've been thinking seriously about moving more and more. I mean if you found the perfect person wouldn't you move to have a happy marriage? I found this to be true when I was studying abroad as well. It must be a lot of environmental factors that make them like this but I wonder if there are negatives, like I don't know how they treat their women over there exactly and how responsible they are towards their families. Maybe I should just like move there for a year as part of school or a program and see how it is?

wainiki

Re: British brothers...
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 27, 2008, 05:12 AM »

Umm, unless you are willing to leave your home, I wouldnt even bother looking :) Personally, I need to be somewhat close to where my family is. Brotherman would have to move. An ocean a part is too far for moi. Didnt one of the bros on the old forum tell you once to give the British guy a try? BroHanif perhaps?

jannah

« Reply #2 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 06:07 AM »

Yeahh it would definitely be really foreign.. just like moving to some country like malaysia or austria or something! I dunno... they do seem really good and more religious compared to american brothers but being so far from family and ur own culture would be difficult. I'd have to say it would depend on the guy, but of course haven't met any. Brohanif said he knew ppl like 8 years ago but now all his friends are married!! booo :(

Panadol

« Reply #3 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 09:07 PM »

they do seem really good and more religious compared to american brothers

loooooooooooooooooooooool is  Islam now  by what passport u hold  ???  subhanALLAH i have many brothers and sisters who are very good in usa  and in many places  in Europe ....  don’t tell me that  alll good in UK ...  don’t generalize ...... yankie  !! :P 

jannah

« Reply #4 on: Dec. 29, 2008, 11:57 PM »

It is a generalization, but many sisters have also noticed it and mentioned it to me. Just do a search on any matrimonial site for young brothers in the US verses the UK. Look through the ads. Read their descriptions and what they're looking for. Brothers from the UK always mention their level of Islam and what they're looking for (even secularish ones), in the US there are tons who don't even mention religion. You'll notice the huge difference immediately. Sure there are good people everywhere, but overall in matrimonial sites it's like 50% of UK ads seem like good brothers versus 10% of US. It could be that in the UK it's more normal for religious brothers to post on matrimonial sites, who knows? Whatever the reason it's there.

Panadol

« Reply #5 on: Dec. 30, 2008, 09:20 AM »

isA ALLAH help yoh sista ;) ]

Muslimah21

« Reply #6 on: Jan. 18, 2009, 06:28 PM »

salaam sister,

um no british brothers are not anythign as you have said and i have been told the brothers in america are alot more religious. in the UK they do alot of bad things weather it be dating, or being disrespectful to their parents. especially in london its very bad :S
brothers in the UK want models for wives and always say first attractive, beautful, slim, fit or somethign along those lines. as soon as i see that im put off. how shallow! lol
i would say brothers from UK their adds i would say 5% are genuine and worth getting to know and 95% are players and dont have a clue about marriage. but i heard US brothers are very devout and see faith more essential then looks. and i know a few sisters who are married to american brothers.
but i live in the UK so i know what they are like over here.

daud

« Reply #7 on: Feb. 09, 2009, 05:47 PM »

Asc Wr Wbr.. sistahs we human r like dat where we live we get tired off and we like someting new like dis US N UK talk.. jannah say uk-bros r good and muslimah say US-bros r good..the thing is wut u look 4 u get..im 4rom london n reminicse that time ( jahiliyah-time) ,acting n did dis and dat ( always cool towards da ladies 4 da record ;) ) wut can i say more then jahiliya,but all london guys arent bad ( u either see he's lost or he's on da right path nuttin between. so 21muslimah those bros r jaahil so dont refer 2 them as practising bros.. n 4 u jannah me personally dont know or seen bros 4rom US but in Uk there r those good n bad...give chance 2 them bros in US,dats da ting
the right 1 wont just come like dat..Yaa Allah da borthers n sistah who's lost take em 2 da right path (amin). sabr bi idnillah jannah

Eemo

« Reply #8 on: Feb. 13, 2009, 11:24 PM »

I think you will find the British brothers are no different to their US counterpart.
I've spoken to alot of sisters from the US in my time, and at first, they seem much more respectful, more together and secure in themselves, but over time one realises, they're kind of 'protecting their nation' and it takes time to get through the enamel and see whats really going on.

No offense to sisters from the US, or the brothers from Britain.

jannah

« Reply #9 on: Feb. 14, 2009, 09:31 AM »

but over time one realises, they're kind of 'protecting their nation' and it takes time to get through the enamel and see whats really going on.

protecting their nation?? is that like a british idiom or something  :D what does that mean!! 'xplain please :)

Eemo

« Reply #10 on: Feb. 14, 2009, 03:18 PM »

As in their is this sense of living up to certain images or ideals of people from a certain part of the world.
If you speak to someone from Pakistan right now, if they know you are from across the pond as it were, they always make that extra effort to seem westernised and modern and so on.

I think  its something we all do subliminally to be honest.

Shah

« Reply #11 on: Mar. 18, 2009, 12:20 PM »

the grass is always greener on the other side of the atlantic lol.... i can say the same thing about the girls too.......that they are so much better in england in terms of the overall package (deen, manners etc).

justKhan22

« Reply #12 on: May. 19, 2009, 05:24 PM »

im sre theyre exists good brothers on both sides, but the good ones are not always the one tht jump up in front when ur looking fr a guy

Muslimah21

« Reply #13 on: May. 19, 2009, 06:54 PM »

Nope british brothers have been quiet disappointing for me. The ones who are decent are married.
I came to university thinking i may meet someone haveing my bro at the same uni he would act as my wali.... but no one has asked for me through him, in a serious way. When i asked him even he told me the brothers are rubbish here. They are either wayyyy to extreme i.e salafis and hanafis or they are way to liberal and they go out clubbing and date. There are no brothers who are in the middle ground. So i have been dissapointed.
Even brothers in london are dodgy too, the good oens are few and very far between the bad ones.  :'(

reeldeel

« Reply #14 on: May. 19, 2009, 09:45 PM »

They are either wayyyy to extreme i.e salafis and hanafis or they are way to liberal and they go out clubbing and date. There are no brothers who are in the middle ground.

What is this extreme that even muslims talk about these days. To me the middle ground sounds like compromising your islamic beliefs. How does one follow obey allah EXTREMELY and be criticized by fellow Muslims   >:( . Right and wrong, halal and haram is very clear I cant see the middle ground in that. But perhaps am just confused the terms extreme and middle ground ???. Please explain.
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org