Advertisement:

Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Why isn't the system working?  (Read 7834 times)

humararishta

Re: Why isn't the system working?
« Reply #30 on: Oct. 24, 2011, 06:52 AM »

That is the good.

Shah

« Reply #31 on: Dec. 03, 2011, 09:04 AM »

Easy. The system applies to the old way of doing things where the man was the breadwinner and the woman the housekeeper. How are u gonna apply that system in this newfangled fancy way we do things these days where the woman works as well. Marriage in western society is a broken institution. If you dont believe me look at the divorce rates. But then again marriage is not a sacred bond for us and divorce is certainly legal so it cant be an alltogeather bad thing. But i digress. If you want the old system to work return to the old way of doing things.

cinders

« Reply #32 on: Dec. 03, 2011, 10:22 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum, 

The old system doesn't work. Too much culture is involved where women stayed in unhappy marriages where the women stayed in abusive or oppressed marriages (& still do) as they don't want to bring shame on their family in the community. What men cannot understand is that women have found a voice & are able to speak up and ask for their rights. Somehow that seems to hurt the male ego. Look at the Prophet's (SAW) wives such as Aisha (RA) & Khadeejah (RA) and how they were different. They were incredible women, Khadeejah (RA) being a successful businesswoman & Aisha (RA) who became a scholar and was an incredibly feisty young woman whilst living with her husband. So they had rights, & they were successful. Too many men nowadays don't want their wives to work, some need them to work (but hate it when their wife is successful in something other than being a wife) and hate the idea of joint income, even though she's entitled to keep her money & even if she gifts it to the family it hurts his pride. So women are the losers, you can't win if you work or you don't work nowadays. 

Just my opinion. 

Cinders

Shah

« Reply #33 on: Dec. 10, 2011, 07:13 AM »

"Too many men nowadays don't want their wives to work, some need them to work (but hate it when their wife is successful in something other than being a wife) and hate the idea of joint income, even though she's entitled to keep her money & even if she gifts it to the family it hurts his pride. So women are the losers, you can't win if you work or you don't work nowadays. "

Of course its always the men's faults. Big deal if a man doesnt want his wife to work. If you're not cool with that then you're more then welcome to reject him. Its your preference. I dont want my wife to work either so I wont go courting a career woman as shes sure to reject me. All i'm saying is dont blame men for what is essentially your own choice in how you wanna lead your life.

cheers
El Shah
Pages: 1 2 [3] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org