Advertisement:

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of Singlemuslim.com  (Read 17198 times)

nblueblaze

Re: Reviews of singlemuslim.com
« Reply #15 on: Feb. 26, 2010, 07:36 PM »

Thanks for your perspective from a male point of view. What exactly are people spamming you about? That seems very odd. Can you not report them or something?

ws

Salaam,

Oh, they are all sorts of this and that...but since you asked I will just copy-paste one such spam mails I had received in my inbox from a female registered in singlemuslim.com....btw the mail also contained two pictures of a girl...I am uploading them...its non-offensive so I think the moderator wont mind...

Due to uploading size restrictions, I will upload the the pics in two different post...first pic is uploaded with this post.

Jazak-Allah

Nes

----------------------

date   22 February 2010 11:30

Assalam Wallekium One,

Many thanks for your  understanding, I appreciate your kind gesture to find time to send me an email .First and foremost and brief self introduction,I am Fatima Linda Brown, 26years old and the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Ibrahim Brown
My father was a highly reputable business magnet (Gold merchant)who operated in the capital of Ivory coast and Europe during his days It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad year 2008. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time.But God knows the truth!
My mother died when I was just 11 years old,and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on  2008 he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told her that he had a sum of $10.5 million US DOLLARS (Ten million five hundred thousand USD) lodge in a suspence account  with one of the local bank here in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
He also said he used my name to Deposit the fund with the bank as his only daughter, as well as the next of kin to the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business assocaites, That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money to and use it for investment purposes.
I want you to assist me in clearing this fund into your account overseas as a beneficiary of the fund,and also use it for an ivestment purpose.
I am just 26 years old and a high school leaving certificate holder and really don't know what to do.Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast.The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life.
Dearest one,I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.
Now permit me to ask these few questions:-
1. Can you honestly help me as your your wife ?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?
Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible, as well I will like you to forward your private telephone, fax number, your home adress, your international passport scanning first & second pages and your account details, if you are willing to have the relevant documents to confirm the existence of the fund for verification from the bank and to confirm the authenticity of my proposal to you also for easy communication.
Thank you so much.
My sincere regards

Miss Fatima Linda Brown

-----------------------------------------------

nblueblaze

« Reply #16 on: Feb. 26, 2010, 07:41 PM »

Contd...

After this I mailed to the administrator of singlemuslim.com....I am copy-pasting her reply below...also I am attaching the 2nd picture I received from the spammer...

If you want to know what I did next...Well, I was fed up and deactivated my account...I suspect more than 50% of the profiles are fake or 'one-night-stand' kind of females...its useless to spend time, money and energy on this website...I will rather rely on my mom's networking!!! :D

Allah Hafiz

Nes

-----------------

Date   Tuesday, 23rd February 2010 - 10:29am

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I pray this message reaches you in the best of health and imaan.

We have many methods of preventing this type of behaviour on our website. For security reasons we can not disclose any of these methods we use. However there is no better way to remove members misusing the website then receiving reports from other members.

We will add all misusing members to our banned list and we do all that is possible to block these people from registering on our website.

As it is the internet there is no way to stop anyone using the website if they are adamant on this, as there will always be a way. We state our service and usage policy to all and we have a very good rate on removing misuse.

Please report any misuse on the service as we will take immediate action to remove anyone who is not genuine or not using the service for the purposes of marriage. Your feedback is extremely valuable and is fundamental to keeping our service real and safe.

Jazakallah'o khair wasalaam

Administrator
info@SingleMuslim.com

---------------------

jannah

« Reply #17 on: Mar. 09, 2010, 12:53 PM »

ws,

I think both men and women should be very careful. Doesn't seem to matter what site you use, there are crazies everywhere. I was looking at some of the profiles and noticed the EXACT SAME profile on two different profiles. One guy had about 6 pictures of himself as a Nigerian/African. Then the other profile he was white with blue eyes, but the two pictures there seemed not of the same person. The personal details were different but the profile wording was the same!! I don't know if this was someone's sociological experiment to find out how Muslim women respond based on black/white photos, but its very creepy. So just be careful. I sent them a note about it and I noticed they removed one of his profiles and kept the other!! So obviously weeding out creeps is not a priority to them.

justKhan22

« Reply #18 on: Mar. 12, 2010, 11:40 PM »

probz has simple answer like some one jsut copeied profile info lol

reeldeel

« Reply #19 on: Mar. 13, 2010, 05:51 PM »

what do people hope to achieve by lying on there profiles anyway. It aint like they'll get married online and meet up later. So the truth will be revealed anyway.... but about the social experiment...i've actually thought of doing that myself. Just posting a variety of profiles and measure results till i get the perfect tweak.
No doubt.. all these online match making sites allow people to lie more effectively about themselves.. so it will attract a lot of creeps but i think that chances of finding mr/mrs right on-line are still there. but do expect a higher statistical probabilit of finding creeps online then in real life.

jannah

« Reply #20 on: Mar. 14, 2010, 06:23 AM »

probz has simple answer like some one jsut copeied profile info lol

I've seen that before too, but this was the same person. You could tell he changed his info strategically in places and he also wrote the same way in his messages from the different accounts.

Reeldeel, the truth definitely will be revealed but like you they probably want to "tweek" their profile to get the best response and go from there. But to me it just shows a person's character. They're willing to lie to get married. Not a good recommendation if you ask me. I dunno I think there's a difference between tweaking your profile, adding a nicer picture, etc and just lieing ...

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: Apr. 10, 2010, 07:19 AM »

Salaam

I have a friend (reverted and not brit.) who purchased the paid subscription of singlemuslim...had been two months since when he had been searching...below are his remarks:

Four kinds of situations acts a barrier:

1. Girl genuine but says NO when she comes to know that my friend is reverted and/or non brit.
2. Girl genuine, says YES but they are mostly college kids who wants to have a boyfriend for sometime.
3. Girl genuine, says YES but they are mostly middle aged women who wants to have short term relationship.
4. Girl fake, says YES

The above permutation/combination sounded really funny when I heard it for the first time from him but later on I realised the amount disgusted he is with his experience. He has lost all hope in the website and plans to find a good muslima through networking...he has spoken with a couple of people in the mosque so that the word goes round.

Pages: 1 [2] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org