Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Documentary on British Muslims searching for partner by Channel 4  (Read 3136 times)

BrotherIslam87

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYvbsnPCqRY#

This is a documentary on British Muslims seeking a partner.Here the Birmingham Central Mosque helps them find partners through it's Matrimonial Service Section. Very Interesting and the documentary name is "Revelations: Muslim and Looking for Love" aired in Channel 4 . The link posted may not work, if doesn't then just right click on the screen and click on "popout"  then you will be able to see it as a popout video....don't ask the logic(it is a trick which works)

jannah

ws,

tried that and it didn't work :(

i'll look for it around youtube!!

ws

jannah

salams,

can't find this one anywhere!! if anyone knows where i can watch it or bt it, let me know ia! I really enjoyed the other one...

ok toodles :)

BrotherIslam87

Go to you tube and search "Muslim and Looking for Love" .... you should be able to get it

jannah

Yes, that one doesn't let anyone outside UK watch it!

BrotherIslam87

http://www.youtube.com/user/crescentfilmslondon     In their list of uploaded videos there is the entire documentary...I guess Non UK residents are able to see it!!!!

Let me know if it works

jannah

Only has the first 3 minutes :(

UPDATE: Ooooo I found a hacker way to watch the videos :) I'll watch it and post a review soon!!

jannah

Wsalam,

OK so watched this...

I think the job the mosque matchmakers are doing is awesome!! i WISH they had something, anything like that here. They seriously understand what's going on and are genuinely trying to help the ummah. SO HAPPY they pointed out the disasterous consequences all these guys "marrying back home" would bring.

Hated that egyptian guy (no offence to him) but dude is totally not religious, rude and arrogant. Sarah is totally right!! She totally deserves someone better. Such a shame.

Fiaz though they tried to make out as easy going and not picky, did seem picky if u ask me. And he should know better than to rush things with a girl. No one wants someone to marry them just for the sake of getting married.

Lina I thought was very articulate...but didn't seem like she wanted to get married. She was just kinda checking things out if you ask me.

All in all I liked the other documentary better as the people in it seemed more likeable and I felt like I was really rooting for them to find someone good.

k' over and out  ;D

jannah

Oh yeah and irony of ironies... Fiaz rejected a girl cuz she was 'too traditional' and now he's going to pak to find a girl!??

BrotherIslam87

I don't think marrying back home is a disaster. Many individuals back home are also very good and same thing applies to muslimahs in UK/USA. It is all about connecting with the right person in short qadr which written by Allah.

At-Tirmidhi, "Be careful regarding Allah and you will find Him before you. Recognise Allah in ease and He will recognise you in hardship. Know that whatever misses you could never have hit you and what hits you could never have missed you. Know that victory comes with fortitude, rescue with constriction, and ease with hardship."

jannah

Statistics dun lie bro... all the latest studies on muslims and divorce lately highlight the problems between ppl who grow up in the west marrying from overseas, esp girls who marry guys from overseas.

But what the Marriage bureau brothers were talking about was the Ummah in britain. If all the guys go off and marry girls from overseas, what are the girls gonna do? It's a lot harder for them to import some guy from overseas and the related problems attached...

Hence the problem of aging unmarried girls in the West gets worse and has major future repercussions.

BrotherIslam87

Ok  Calm down sister......you have a point by saying that men from Britian/ US should first try to find their match in their respective countries of residence rather then going back home but that doesn't mean they rule out any search in countries of origin.     

I would also like to know where did you get the statistics ?? I would like to have a look at it...

jannah

Never say "calm down sister" to a sister. It makes us upset, and then we really do have to calm down. Obv, anyone can marry whoever they want.

Statistics here: http://ispu.org/pdfs/ISPU%20Report_Marriage%20II_Macfarlane_WEB.pdf

BrotherIslam87

Thanks for the advise sister....blame it on my inexperience on dealing with sisters in general.Accept my apologies for the upset I have caused.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org