Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews of Practimate.com  (Read 6542 times)

Egyptian Muslimah

Reviews of Practimate.com
« on: Jan. 05, 2009, 07:14 AM »

Salaamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters.

There is a brand new site out there for practicing Muslims singles who are looking to get married. It seems the best so far in taking the deen into consideration. It is run by Shaikh yaser birjas an Almaghrib instructor and marriage counseler. This website does not just find you a match it trains  you in everything needed to know about marriage, and how to's of everything, I gonna copy and paste the link here so you can all view it.

It has everything in depth about the purpose of practimate and even how to know if this is the right thing for you. There is a fee for this service, but I think its soo worth it! We spend tons of money on random things liek shoes, cars, etc.  and we dont wanna spend a little money to find a spouse for marriage, it is one of the most important things in the life of a muslim and surely u wanna get married and stay married inshallah!

anyways just go to the link and it will answer all the questions you have!

http://www.practimate.com/

there is also an option to just get training for marriage if you dont want the training and marriage package. Also everyone who signs up for this must be serious!!!! and practimate conducts  SERIOUS background checks, so u better be who u say u are!

I suggest everyone take a look at this site and spread the word around to your fellow muslim friends/family members.

Salaaamu Alaikum

jannah

Re: Practimate.com
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 05, 2009, 12:03 PM »

"a little money"

$500-$1200 ??!!! jeez who knew getting married would be so expensive...not even the getting married part but the PRE getting married!! probably not a lot of money in the huge scheme of things if you were actually guaranteed ESP wise that you'd be get married, but i'm sorry no website can guarantee they're going to find someone to marry you! :P

it would be interesting to see what becomes of it. i know sh birjas's fiqh of love class is great and very popular...i think they should have just built on that...like the people that come to the class should somehow be added to a site or a book of 'availables' should be handed out to attendees, i'd so pay the $ for that ;)

Egyptian Muslimah

« Reply #2 on: Jan. 06, 2009, 07:37 AM »

yes but this is an investment in your marriage, one of the sisters had this same concern on the blog and it was actually kind of funny cuz Shaik yaser birjas suggested that after you find your spouse  you should add the fee for practimate to your mahr bill lol.
so like

Mahr: $5,000

Practimate fee: $500

total : $5,500

lol anyways i just did decided to post the site here cuz it may be of interest to our fellow muslims out there.

Ponderer

« Reply #3 on: Jan. 06, 2009, 11:07 PM »

Wow this service looks great. Thanks for telling us about it. I will be sure to tell my single friends.

justKhan22

« Reply #4 on: May. 19, 2009, 06:26 PM »

its a busienss in my view ppl trying to benefit frm a person deen

Muslimah21

« Reply #5 on: May. 19, 2009, 06:45 PM »

yeah i think people who genuinly want to help you will volunteer and do it for free. Zakat, great rewards are to be had for a person who brings to people togther in marriage.
Liek my friends coem to me for advice, the muslimah i am i will help them all i can. I would not say to them i will help you at a small fee!! thats just taken advantage.
Even if it is a good programme they need ot come down on the price i think maybe £20 per session or something, seems more reasonble and affordable.

justKhan22

« Reply #6 on: May. 21, 2009, 02:22 PM »

110 percent agree on tht

Egyptian Muslimah

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 07, 2010, 08:16 AM »

salaamu alaikum,

practimate has changed the focus of its program a little bit and rather than doing matching, it is helping muslimahs prepare for marriage as in how to attract the right person for marriage, it is specifically designed for the 25-30 age group but if ur younger u can still join, working on a marriage resume to share with family and freinds and to post online, envisioning yourself as a mother not just a wife, learning how to be become more confident and assertive when describing one self for marriage, having your wali and close friends tell u about prospective spouses, coaching sessions that help you overcome fears you may have about marriage, any obstacles you may have and to help bring you closer to the goal of marriage inshallah. also you get a realllyy cool workbook and DVD program to go along with it and sooo much more.

They are doing this program for both brothers and sisters seperately, the sisters program is called Find your Mr Right program by practimate and the seminar is done by sister Megan Wyatt, an awesome sister, mashallah May Allah bless her!

It would be really great if any brothers reading this particpated in the program for them to share their feedback and thoughts

jannah

« Reply #8 on: Mar. 07, 2010, 10:57 AM »

salam,

it sounds like you are in the program. how is so far? what is your feedback? and have you found mr. right yet ? :)

Egyptian Muslimah

« Reply #9 on: Mar. 10, 2010, 06:18 AM »

salams Jannah

Yea I am in the program, we are at the half way point right now. So far soo good i will keep u updated and inshallah i hope to find mr right soon! :)
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org