Advertisement:

Pages: [1] |   Go Down

Author Topic: So what does it mean?  (Read 2422 times)

Shahida

So what does it mean?
« on: Dec. 10, 2008, 01:30 PM »

Salam alaikum all...

I have been helping a single friend of mine with the whole internet-looking for a spouse thing...

and a LOT of brothers have something about "she must be obedient", or "obey" when they talk about the ideal qualities of a future wife...

in real life too (of course), many ppl say this...

I just want to know what brothers MEAN when they use the word obey.  Obedient to whom, what, when... and why the choice of word like obey?  Maybe the female mind just doesnt get it?

Go on, be honest
Salam
S.

Jeremy

Re: So what does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 11, 2008, 03:50 AM »

ok, I'll try to explain...
We guys are not very smart, but we think we are  ;), and we therefore don't like it when someone tries to show us the tough reality.
That said, it doesn't mean that we are always wrong, we can be right sometimes, but we will always assume that we are right and that we know better. Therefore, when an argumant errupts, we like the woman who will make us feel we are right even though we may be wrong.
I personally wouldn't call that an "obedient" woman, I would call that a "smart" woman, one who knows what makes us tick. And of course, since we aren't that smart anyway, we will be so thrilled to be victorious after an argument that a smart woman will take advantage of this to make us do whatever she wants  :).
In short, an obedient woman in my view is the one who knows how to navigate around arguments so that the man wouldn't feel like he lost his ego, and she would end up getting what she wants anyway.
But hey, I am a guy, which means I may not be that smart to answer this question.. Besides, I am not looking for an "obedient" woman anyway!

brisingr9

« Reply #2 on: Feb. 25, 2009, 11:37 AM »

jeremy made one point very clear , it's obvious that no man will tolerate a woman trying to win an arguament with him. So it's far more better for a guy if she obeys and keeps quiet. If she is being oppressed she then can definetly teach the guy his limits..!!

Muslimah21

« Reply #3 on: Feb. 26, 2009, 02:47 PM »

HAHAHA nobody will want to marry me then. im an expert on my rights in islam, i speak my mind all the time i fight my corner and im not a push over. :D

brisingr9

« Reply #4 on: Feb. 26, 2009, 03:19 PM »

As far as Islam is concerned u can go to any heights to protect it Islamic rights. Allah is with the truth.

Shah

« Reply #5 on: Mar. 20, 2009, 09:31 AM »

i think its pretty clear. obey means to listen and thats exactly what is meant

justKhan22

« Reply #6 on: Jul. 26, 2009, 12:01 AM »

Means listen to hher husband,

and he has the final judgment over things.... lol
Pages: [1] |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org