i'd accept 10 yrs younger
- 0 (0%)
i'd accept 15 or more yrs younger
- 0 (0%)
i'd accept anyone!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you consider someone older/younger than you? +/5, how about +/-10, 15!!  (Read 3586 times)

halfmydeen

• Administrator

So what type of age difference would you consider?

jannah

I'm constantly getting inquiries from guys 5, 10 even 15 years older than me!! I really have to say I find it kind of disgusting because when you get that old they are totally my father's age. gross.

And guys would you marry someone 10/15!!! years younger than you?? For real  ???

I have to say I'd only consider guys around my age. Maximum 5 years older or even 5 years younger. It's just a cultural/generational issue. The bigger the age difference there are so many differences.

Muslimah21

my grandmother is 20 years younger then my grandfather, he is 98 aswell and they have been happley married since she was 18 awww.
my mum and dad have 7 years between them. i think its maturity if you act mature then age doesnt matter,
im 21 so i wouldnt marry anyone older then 28.. so 5-7 years older. no one younger i think we all know men are very immature especially early 20's. i dont think id marry anyone my own age either, i know that guys my age are out havign fun, not actually thinking of marriage. so id be more like a mother to them then a wife. (cringe!)
but i know people who have bigger age gaps and they are happy. i dont see the problem. i mean its reidiculous when for example some moroccan man i know who is an old man umm late 70's he married a 19 year old moroccan girl. she married him for a visa, and for a house. he married her for her youth and looks. when i saw her she wasnt pretty at all. hahaha. anyway. they seem to be both happy with the arangment, as long as she is young and he has his money it will work. when she goes grey im sure he will divource her.... i know he has done it 4 times before. (sickoo) lol

Eemo

I think i would go about 4 years either way, but thats as a guideline for me. If i was to find the right person, ultimately the age wouldnt affect me too much.

Jeremy

I don't think I would go for someone older than me, I guess it's a guy thing  :P. She has to be younger than me, doesn't matter how much younger, but if she's like 10 years younger then she has to be mature, mentally speaking.

MzCBox

Oh my God Muslimah21!!! A 20 year gap between your grandparents!!! Like wow, that is an age diff that I have never heard of before amongst our muslim community!!! Mashallah!! maybe you should find out their secret and share it with us : )

But like jumping back to the norm here, I dont think I would go too high up or too far down, take the middle path hey

Muslimah21

well they are complete opposits, maybe that is the key. my grandmother is a sufi and is very in your face, outspoken and confident, she travels far and wide, without my grandad.
my grandad is sunni, very shy and quiet and doenst like to travel he likes his mountain range and sitting on top of a mountain eating figs. they are total opposites. i dont how it works but they been togther all these years. mashallah

MzCBox

So theirs was a case of opposites attract' hey, well, here is proof that it does work for some I guess!

Nice! May Allah (swt) keep them happy for many more years to come Inshallah : )

brisingr9

Well an interesting topic.  Let us take an example of the holy apostle pbuh..He was happy with his first wife who was 15 years elder to him at the same time all the other wives who were a lot more younger were more then pleased with our prophet..! So what really matters is our religious conduct and not our age that is what the prophet proved and we as believers have no rights to differ from the prophets opinion and his way of life.

Shah

age is realtive. it how old you think you are that matters.

jannah

age is realtive. it how old you think you are that matters.

wish it was like that, but what if someone rejects you because you're too old/too young.. then it does matter...i knew a sister who got rejected because she was ONE MONTH older than the brother!!! amazing huh...

justKhan22

i'D LOVE To marry someone at my age or younger, as i'd love to spend our first few year after marriage inshallah enjoying life.

Thts is my ddream , but who knws we gets whts in our destiny, and i'll love to accept it fully with full heart.

justKhan22

to the sis above one! month lol tht brother was having a laugh he must have been joking, and probably didnt value the sis lol.

Muslimah21

Yeah that is silly. LOL

:D :D :D

princessa.faisa

Personally I'd go a man no more than 10 years older than I, because I would like a man who very mature and still within comfortable age range.
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up

Individual posts do not reflect the views of halfmydeen.org. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © halfmydeen.org