Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|Contact Your MP|
|10/20/00 at 12:36:17|
Canadians on this board can contact their MPs to communicate concerns about the killings of Palestinians.
If you don't live in Canada but know people there, you may want to forward this to them.
This will take 2 minutes to do, and the weblink below gives your MPs email address, phone number & fax number.
Please email him/her while you are browsing the web right away.
For the sake of our families suffering in Palestine, contact your MP now to
"request the Canadian government to pressure Israel by all means possible to
stop the killing of Palestinians and withdraw the Israeli army from the West
Bank and Gaza immediately."
This is the least we can do, yet it is a very powerful tool that is effective if we all cooperate.
Copy and paste from the paragraph above as its enough. Write down you phone number and city you are in at the end of your email.
Have a look at the example I sent by email.
P.S. You don't have to be a citizen to put forward such a request. MPs represent landed immigrants as well.
The Honourable MP [insert first and last names of MP],
I am a Canadian citizen who is alarmed by recent events in the Middle East where extreme violence is used by the state of Israel against Palestinians.
[Sir/Madam], I request that the Canadian government exert pressure on Israel by all means possible to stop the killing of Palestinians.
Tel: [insert phone number]
E-mail: [insert email address]
|KNOW YOUR RIGHTS IF YOU ARE APPROACHED BY CSIS|
|10/24/00 at 05:48:57|
As this thread may attract fellow Canucks,
the following post belongs here...
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
CAIR CAN ALERT Alert #7
Council on American-Islamic Relations - Canada
P.O. Box 67058, Westboro RPO,
340 Richmond, Ottawa, ON K2A 0E8
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS IF YOU ARE APPROACHED BY CSIS
During the recent weeks, community activists have reported being approached by the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS).
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects your right to be politically active and to hold different beliefs/views. If you are visited by CSIS, remember:
1) You have no obligation to talk to CSIS, even if you are not a Canadian citizen. Never meet with them or answer any questions without a lawyer present. Refusing to answer questions cannot be held against you. It does not imply that you have something to hide.
2) You do not have let them into your home or office. CSIS representatives must have a search warrant in order to enter your house/office. If they say they have a warrant, demand to see it before allowing them to enter. Even if they have a warrant, you are under no obligation to answer questions.
3) Never lie or provide false information to CSIS. If you fear a misunderstanding, it is better to refuse to answer questions. Lying to a law enforcement officer is a crime. Contact CAIR CAN or CMCLA (number given below) for advice.
4) Report your visit to either CMCLA or CAIR CAN
Canadian Muslim Civil Liberties Association (CMCLA)
Tel: (416) 289-9666, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above information is contained in the CAIR CAN “Know Your Rights” Pocket Guide, which also includes:
· Knowing your rights as an employee
· What to do when faced with discrimination on the job
· Writing a letter to the editor
· Know your rights as an airline passenger
· Reacting to anti-Muslim/hate crimes
· Mosque safety tips
The wallet-sized guide to rights within Canadian law, can be obtained by sending a request to email@example.com
|NCCAR URGES RETRACTION FROM STOCKWELL DAY|
|10/24/00 at 06:09:28|
NCCAR URGES RETRACTION FROM STOCKWELL DAY
Ottawa, October 11, 2000 -- The National Council On Canada-Arab Relations (NCCAR) today expressed its concern and disappointment with the declaration by Stockwell Day, Leader of the Official Opposition, criticizing Canada’s support for UN Security Council Resolution #1322.
The NCCAR noted that the UNSC resolution condemned by Mr. Day includes the following:
1. It deplores the provocation carried out at Al Haram Al Sharif in Jerusalem on September 28, 2000, referring to the visit to the mosque
site by Ariel Sharon, Leader of the extremist Israeli Likud Party (accompanied by hundreds of soldiers).
2. It condemns the excessive use of force against Palestinians that has resulted in injury and loss of human life.
3. It calls upon Israel, the occupying power, to abide scrupulously by its legal obligations and its responsibilities under the Fourth Geneva
Convention of Aug. 12, 1949, relative to the protection of civilian persons in time of war
Therefore, in opposing Canada’s support for UNSC Resolution #1322, Mr. Day has put himself and the Canadian Alliance Party on record as
- condoning Israel’s use of live ammunition against stone-throwing protesters of Israeli occupation and
- opposing Canadian support for the application of international law and the Fourth Geneva Convention to Israel’s illegal occupation of East
Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza.
A press release stated that: "The NCCAR deplores Mr. Day’s dismissal of Palestinian cries for basic justice and his apparent catering to Israeli nationalist extremists and to those fundamentalists, both Jewish and Christian, who support total Israeli control of Jerusalem as the fulfillment of ancient prophecies."
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org