Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|Help needed in completing an important project|
|04/20/01 at 00:03:38|
I am currently working on a project geared for Muslim women. I am compiling an
effective personal developer that Muslim women can use to help increase,
enhance, and refine the Islam they practice in their lives and strengthen their bonds
with Allah. This personal developer will insha?Allah be a tool composed of
journal entries, self reflections and evaluations, poetry, excerpts pertaining to
relevant topics, articles, and much, much more that Muslim women can use to
more effectively examine their lives and create effective change for the better.
In order to address the major issues Muslim women deal with and juggle in their
lives in the personal developer, I have composed this questionnaire for Muslim
women to fill out. I am hoping that, insha?Allah, this will give me more
insight into the lives of Muslim women- our struggles, concerns, differences,
strengths, weaknesses, interests, priorities, and challenges.
If you would like to a final copy of the developer when I am
through,(insha?Allah, by the end of this summer), please contact me via e-mail (see below).
Please answer what you can (I know it's long) and what you are comfortable with.
If you are not comfortable posting your responses here, then please e-mail them
to me. Some questions may not be relevant to you. Any feedback and responses
will be of great help, insha?Allah. I can be contacted at MWDeveloper@aol.com.
Also, please forward this to any Muslim women you think would be interested in
helping! JazakAllah Khair!
May Allah reward you!
What is your occupation?
Did you attend college? If yes, what field did you pursue?
What is your country of origin?
Where were you born/raised?
What language do you speak other than English?
Part II- Marriage
1) Are you married?
2) How long have you been married?
3) How did marriage change you and/or your life?
4) What was hardest about adjusting to married life?/What were the biggest
challenges you faced as you entered your marriage?
5) What benefits did marriage bring you?
6) What do you feel are the hardest aspects about being a wife?
7) What do you feel is the role of a wife?
8) Any other thoughts about marriage?
Part III- Children
1) Do you have children?
2) How many and what are their ages?
3) What do you feel is the role of a mother?
4) What are the biggest challenges concerning motherhood?
5) How did children change your life?
6) How did you adjust to the changes that came with motherhood?
7) What is the ultimate goal you would like to achieve concerning your
8) Before children:
A) What did you do to prepare for motherhood?
B) What insecurities/fears did you have about motherhood?/How were these
Part IV-Personal Reflections
1) Do you feel that other women judge you a lot? If yes, based on what?
2) What aspects of Islam do you feel are hardest in fulfilling?
3) What is the biggest challenge you face in your life?
4) How has education (any kind) influenced your life?
5) What are some of your positive qualities and some of your negative
Part V-Your Perceptions
1) What do you think are some important matters of character, especially for
women (aspects of character women especially need to focus on and implement into
2) What do you think are women?s inherent strengths?
3) What do you think are women?s inherent weaknesses?
4) How would you define hijab?
5) How would you define spirituality?
6) What is your biggest concern regarding Muslim women/your relationship with
7) Which factors do you think contribute most to a Muslim woman?s religious
8) What are some particular challenges Muslim women face living in the West?
9) What are some critical (Islamic) practices that you feel Muslim women in
general neglect or have forgotten?
10) Do you know any good dua that you would recommend to other Muslims,
11) What do Muslim women need to do to strengthen the bonds of sisterhood
within the Ummah?
12) What would you offer as advice/tips (for women) on the following:
A) praying prayers on time, in particular the Fajr prayer
B) more effectively, memorizing and understanding Quran
C) memorizing dua, incorporating thikr more into daily lives
D) stopping bad habits in particular backbiting and excessive TV watching
E) seeking knowledge
G) interacting with the opposite
H) exercise/physical fitness
I) Anything else
13) Do you know of any books/excerpts/articles that you would recommend on the
B) Fasting, Preparing for Ramadan
C) Islamic Studies
E) Women?s Health
G) The Names of Allah
H) Patience/Subr in Islam
I) The Shahada, Concept of Tawheed in Islam
J) Women in Islam (looking also for good poetry on this subject)
K) any other work which changed you for the better and that you think would
especially benefit Muslim women.
Part VI-Anything Else?
If there is anything else you feel is an important issue regarding Muslim
women, which I did not address in this questionnaire, please share your thoughts!
Your feedback and voice is invaluable and greatly appreciated.
Jazak Allah Khair for taking the time to share your thoughts-May Allah reward
|Re: Help needed in completing an important project|
|04/20/01 at 08:28:40|
|Does anyone think Abu Khalid is trying to get more answers from us?|
|Re: Help needed in completing an important project|
|04/20/01 at 09:16:28|
|;-D That was funny!|
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org