Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|Here below is the incomplete list of torments and tortures carried out|
|09/07/01 at 04:39:24|
|Here below is the incomplete list of torments and tortures carried out against members of Hizbut Tahrir in prisons of Navoi, Qarshi and Zarafshan of the Republic of Uzbekistan.|
1. Members of Hizb are separated from other prisoners.
2. Other prisoners work two hours a day, whereas members of Hizb are forced to work full-time and do humiliating jobs - clean lavatories and the like. If they refuse or object, they are cruelly beaten with resinous sticks and put to the lavatories.
3. They have absolutely no right to fulfill prayer and other religious duties. If anyone is caught performing a prayer he is ruthlessly beaten and tortured, then forced to write and explanation letter stating that person either broke prison rules and code or reused to work. Then prison authorities fill the punishment file and appoint additional charges. Moreover, authorities force members of Hizb write letters to the name of General Prosecutor stating they are not mistreated, allowed to perform prayers and that they have no objection to prison terms and live there comfortably.
4. Members of Hizbut Tahrir are made available to the discretion of outspoken criminals. Members of Hizb are laid in between despised prisoners - homosexuals and male prostitutes. A case is reported when member of Hizbut Tahrir was raped by prison guards, taken to his inmates and asked: «Tell them what we have done to you because of your performance of prayer», thus humiliating him and his inmates. These days the cases of raping and threatening of raping takes place repeatedly.
5. Members of Hizbut Tahrir experience severe shortage of food, often starved for extended periods of time, even food brought by relatives is not given to them.
6. In many prisons Muslims are incarcerated with prisoners infected with tuberculosis and hepatitis. Moreover, they undergo the injection of unknown solution to their head (no obvious or any reason stated).
7. On April of the year 2001 was scheduled the visit of International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) to prison ¹ 64/49 located in Navoi. As this become known, the head of the prison gathered all prisoners convicted under article 159 of criminal code of Uzbekistan and promised a substantial relieve, allowed performance of prayer and distributed prayer carpets, though ordered to keep silence before Red Cross representatives. He warned via prison guards that death awaits anyone who complains. At the same time many prisoners were relocated to other prisons. In fact, there were 4700 prisoners in the prison for 1500 people - problem was quickly fixed. Mostly those not afraid to tell the truth were relocated, among them Hafizullah Nosirov. When Red Cross representatives arrived there, even criminals convicted under other articles would do anything to escape from them, thus surprising them. 10 days later after their visit the head of prison again gathered article 159 convicts, told them not to get mad of the freedom, humiliated and offended them, and promised to treat them more cruelly, soon performing all his promises.
It has become a reality that upon arrival of inspection commissions mistreatment stops, but after commission leaves it starts again with double harshness. And the situation in all prisons of Uzbekistan continues this way.
Families of prisoners
1 June 2001.
Source: Wilayah of Uzbekistan
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org