Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|Orgs. to contact if you've been attacked or harrassed|
|10/01/01 at 17:05:11|
|Following the terrorist attacks across America on 11 September 2001,|
there has been an increase in anti-Muslim feeling across Europe, the USA
and Australia. Attacks, both verbal and physical have been reported to
the Islamic Human Rights Commission. The treatment ranges from being
spat at, forcibly having the hijaab removed, harassment of young
children at school, and death threats etc.
- Report the crime to your local polic station immediately. Ask that the
incident be treated as a hate crime. If a satisfactory response is not
received from the police, contact one of the organisations below.
- Mobilize community support. Inform a local mosque or one of the below
organisations even if you believe it is a _small_ incident.
- Document the incident. Write down exactly what was said and/or done by
the offender. Save evidence. Take photographs.
- Act quickly. Each incident must be dealth with when it happens, not
- Decide on the appropriate action to be taken. Consider issuing a
statement from community leaders, holding a news conference, organizing
a protest, meeting with officials, or starting a letter writing
- Stay on top of the situation.
- Announce results. When the incident is resolved, make an announcement
to the same people and organizations orginally contacted.
Muslim Council of Britain
Tel: 020 8903 9024, Web: http://www.mcb.org.uk
Ilsamic Human Rights Commission
Tel: 020 8902 0888, Web: http://www.ihrc.org
|Re: Orgs. to contact if you've been attacked or harrassed|
|10/06/01 at 10:27:15|
|AsSalamu Alaikum..Alhamdulillah, here (non muslim country in EU) is no attack until today against muslim about Twintower happen. I hope it stay so for us muslims...wassalam|
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org