Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|TORONTO: Healing the Wounds - Day of Solidarity for Muslims: 10/14|
|10/03/01 at 01:41:23|
A JOINT EFFORT SUPPORTED BY:
Council on American Islamic Relations of Canada
(CAIR-CAN), Canadian Islamic Congress (CIC),
Canadian-Muslim Civil Liberties Association (CMCLA),
Federation of Muslim Women (FMW), www.islam.ca,
SoundVision, MYNA Toronto, MSA National, MSA-U of T
and Ihya Productions.
H E A L I N G
T H E W O U N D S
UNITING IN THE AFTERMATH OF
The tragedy of Sept 11 has touched us all deeply.
On October 14, Muslims families and friends are
asked to gather in remembrance, prayer, and
Sunday, October 14th, 2001
Doors open at 7pm
University of Toronto
Located northwest of Queen's Park TTC Station
at University Ave. & College Street on the
main campus; plenty of parking available on
St. George Street & King's college Circle
- map available at www.utoronto.ca
Suggested Donation $2 - $5
Proceeds will go to all the victims
of the tragedy, local and abroad
Join with the community in support of our
national representative organizations:
Canadian Islamic congress, CAIR-CAN,
and the Federation of Muslim Women.
We will address the following important issues:
- What can we do to heal the traumatic
wounds opened by the tragedy?
- How do we deal with the images of terror
- What can we do to remember and honour
- How do we confront harassment, prejudice
- How can we promote peace at home and abroad?
- Is there a vision for Islam in Canada?
* Riad Saloojee - Executive Director,CAIR-CAN
* Wahida Valiante - Vice President,
Canadian Islamic Congress
* Nazim Baksh - Muslim Educator & Activist,
* Faisal Kutty - Lawyer, CMCLA
* Rashaad Vahed - Social Worker, Family
* Nadia Elsohemy - Student, McMaster
* Maliha Chishti - Former Executive Director,
UN Hague Program for Peace
* Abdul-Rehman Malik - School Teacher,
Toronto Star Columnist
* Representatives from Social Justice and
And a special video message from
* Hamza Yusuf Hanson - Director,
For more information, please
Council on American Islamic Relations of
(CAIR-CAN), Canadian Islamic Congress, CMCLA,
Federation of Muslim Women, www.islam.ca,
SoundVision, MYNA Toronto, MSA National,
MSA-U of T and Ihya Productions.
This program has been independantly organized
by a concerned group of youth
as a khidma (service) to
the Muslim community.
|Re: TORONTO: Healing the Wounds - Day of Solidarity for Muslims: 10/14|
|10/07/01 at 08:00:41|
|inshallah this is goign to be really great|
some advice....get there early though convocation hall is huge it snot usually packed specially wehn hamza yusuf comes..... inshallah it will be the same...since therre is no advance ticket sales be early!!!
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org