Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board
|12/18/01 at 18:20:51|
You grew up in the 80's if..
(01) You ever ended your sentence with "psych.."
(02) You can sing the rap to "the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"
(03) You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales"
(04) You had plastic streamers on the handle bars of your bike
(05) You remember When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons
(06) You wore a pony tail to the side of your head
(07) You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen
(08) You had a Kirk Cameron poster on your bedroom wall
(09) You played the game "Mash" with friends at school
(10) You wore a Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of L.A. GEAR
(11) You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"
(12) You wanted to be a Goonie
(13) You ever wore fluorescent (neon) clothing
(14) You wanted to be on StarSearch
(15) You took Lunch pales to school
(16) You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female Smurf
(17) You remember the craze, and then banning of slap bracelets
(18) You still get the urge to use "NOT" at the end of every statement you make
(19) You remember Hypercolor T-shirts
(20) You remember Punky Brewster
(21) You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up
(22) You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged "friendship bracelets.."
(23) You ever owned a pair of Jelly Shoes
(24) You saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you couldn't stop saying, "I know you are but what am I?"
(25) You remember "I've fallen...and I can't get up!"
(26) You have played with a 'skip-it'
(27) You had or went to a birthday party at McDonald's
(28) You learned oldies songs by watching Alvin and the Chipmunks
(29) You wore socks over tights with high-top Reeboks
(30) You wore like 8 pairs of socks at once
(31) You remember boom boxes instead of CD players
(32) You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies
(33) You remember the Transformers You know what it meant to say "care bear stare!!"
(34) You remember watching TV thinking Doogie Howser was hot!
(35) You remember Alf, the little furry brown alien from Melmac
(36) You remember the large amounts of hairspray used
(37) You remember those very stylish headbands
(38) You remember Vicky the Robot You remember Eve Garland from Out of this World and how she could stop time by pressing the tips of her index fingers together
(39) You remember the beginning of New Kids on the Block
(40) You remember watching The Cosby show
(41) You remember Mr.Belvadere
(42) You remember Michael J. Fox in Family Ties and Back to the Future
(43) You know all the names of the gang from "Saved by the Bell"
(44) You know all the words to Bon Jovi's "Shot Through the Heart" song
|12/18/01 at 23:44:07|
Haha..as I was reading the first few...I thought..I hope they mention Jelly Shoes! and sure enough..there it was at #23! I musta had like 10 pairs of those...
Ahh..the freedom of jellies...
|12/19/01 at 01:17:39|
Yeah, this was really hillarious, it sure did bring back memories. :)
|12/19/01 at 04:43:33|
|Wa'alaikum Assalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh|
So many memories!!
:) :) :)
|12/19/01 at 08:47:56|
|Asalaamu Alaikum ;-)|
[quote](11) You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"[/quote]
I have to admit this one made me chuckle ;-D
|12/19/01 at 10:57:42|
|[quote]You remember Vicky the Robot You remember Eve Garland from Out of this World and how she could stop time by pressing the tips of her index fingers together.You remember Alf, the little furry brown alien from Melmac [/quote]|
You forgot to mention "Full House"! and "Growing pains"...
It's funny..I could associate with most of those points and I grew up in Kuwait!
|12/19/01 at 13:49:31|
|Hey do any of you folks here in the UK remember Mallets Mallet??? ;-D Wackaday, wackaday...|
haha man that was wicked!!
|12/19/01 at 18:19:45|
OK, some British icons from the 80's :
Bob Geldof and Live Aid
Tiswas on Saturday morning
The London Evening News
The London Daily News (anyone remember this short lived venture ?)
Making fun of 70's fashion
The Falkland Islands War
Charles And Di getting married
Torvill and Dean
And some international ones
Anyone else want to pitch in ?
|12/19/01 at 21:04:25|
My God, that is hilarious!!! I was the BIGGEST Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan EVER!!!!!!!!!! And a very faithful full house watcher too!!
Don't forget Golden Girls...that was awesome. Not to mention the fights at school on whose better b/w Shera and He-Man. Who could ever forget the REAL Sesame Street, and (for those of you up here in Canada), Casey and Finnigan from Mr. Dressup
Good ol' days. I could go on and on...My little Ponies...Jem...Funhouse(I SO wanted to be on that show)...and when the original Nintendo came out.
Y'all got any more?! Let's here it!!!
|12/20/01 at 00:37:36|
WOW!!! i remeber almost everyone one of those!! tahts really scary....especially the teenage muntant nija turtles...that was like the first movie i saw on the big screen....and the jelly shoes...yeah i had a lot of those too...and the wearing a hundred socks at one time....wow just brings back memeories hehe ;)
|12/20/01 at 00:42:13|
It does bring back a lot of memories, Subhanallah. Especially the jelly shoes, and Pee Wee Herman. I had a rain coat of Pee Wee Herman and I still do, -:), that's embaressing i know, but of course i don't wear it, it's too small now....
Anywayz....i guess i'm getting old, Subhanallah.
Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.The rest © Jannah.Org