Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 19, 2014 08:46 PM

News:

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books/Authors  (Read 3298 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Dec 31, 2007 01:35 PM »

Salaams,

If I had to describe the all the books I have read, I will be sitting in for a week or more.

But here are the authors I like most and I have read ALL MOST all of their books:

1. Sidney Sheldon - the one I like a lot is; The Other Side of Midnight
2. Jeffery Archer - my favourite of his is books is; Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less - I laughed so hard and so much
    reading this book.
3. Daniella Steel - I enjoyed; A Perfect Stranger and have seen the movie too.
4. Barbara Taylor Bradford - I loved; A Woman of Substance.
5. Jackie Collins - her books are ... my first of hers was; Lucky.

The list is endless and I can't even remember some.  I do also enjoy Romance.

But what I love most is if a book is made into a movie. I enjoy the movie more if I have read the book first. 

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
al-bathul
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2008 04:18 AM »

salam..........

i also want to share a very nice book that i hv read before. it is actualy containing 17 short stories (if im not mistaken) in it but it is not such that thick. all the stories are interesting..........really enjoy and at the same time giving benefits to us and also lead us to think many things about life. The book is simple to understand........

title: think about it
author: zabrina abu bakar

if u find it anywhere, juz try to read it. nice.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2008 12:02 AM »

salaamz... talking about romance,I read this one book that I really liked. I dont know the author but the name of the book is 'Silent Melodies'
warning: its romance, so has unislamic parts...
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2008 01:42 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

I don't have a favorite book, author or subject because I'm a firm believer in reading - for pleasure as well as for knowledge and sometimes actually derive pleasure from knowledge reading.

A few weeks ago I was quite surprised to find "Sister Sultaana's Circle" and "For God and Country: Faith and Patriotism Under Fire" (James Yee's book) in the local Dollar Tree.  Imagine being able to purchase books that sold for over $20 a piece for a mere dollar.  Naturally I couldn't leave either on the shelf.  I finished the first in 2 days (cold and snowy that weekend) and have now just begin Yee's book.  Reading about some of what is apparently the "unspoken" lives of the royals was both fascinating and shocking.  Reading about the nastiness that James had to endure - accusations, charges, etc. I'm sure will be equally fascinating, shocking and revealing.  The injustices that Muslims face post 9/11. 

I still think I need a new hobby because I always seem to find the "deep" or complex stuff to read; need a good romance novel or something Smiley 

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: