Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gratefulness (the Revival)  (Read 2122 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Jul 19, 2008 01:22 PM »

Please (please) find the time every day to list at least one thing you're grateful for.... woohoo

I know this thread exists somewhere, and it's time to revive it.  Let's remind ourselves to count our blessings, inshaAllah.  The more reminders we have the better Smiley

I'm grateful for...
the lone bird that graces my balcony to eat her breadcrumbs (or the stale bread I would otherwise toss out in the trash).

sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2008 03:35 PM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
Alhamdulillah, I'm extremely grateful for my family and parents.
It sounds blah, but everytime I see a dysfunctional/broken family (which is alarmingly too often), I have to thank God. There are no words to describe my parents, walhamdulillah, and my family, although somewhat physically far apart, are close.
Otherwise, I'm visiting my husband's family overseas right now, and alhamdulillah, they are gems as well. I've seen and heard of horror stories regarding in-laws, and although I didn't get to meet them until after our wedding, I couldn't have picked a family with better akhlaaq.
Masha'Allah, laa quwwata ila billaah.
-sofia  pinkhijabisis

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2008 07:54 PM »

salaam

Im grateful to have the basic need of life including security.  I think Hamza yusuf was saying that security is one of the best blessing s we have in this country.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2008 02:18 AM »

I'm grateful for many things (Blessings) in my life.
But to list one, I'm grateful Allah allowed me to find this board.
That I may socialize with other Muslims.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2008 09:20 PM »

Im grateful for:

-all the posessions I have

- to have an understanding son

- To have an awesome friend who I call everytime something happens, and takes her time out to listen to me without asking anything in return.  She lives miles away (is on this board) and has helped me deal and cope with the situation Im going through with her support and patience.  She understands even tho she is not in the situation.  You know who you are and I want to tell you that Im grateful to have you and really appreciate all that you have done for me. I love you for the sake of Allah swt! JazakAllahu kair!
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2008 07:01 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I'm grateful that I have air conditioning and cold water when temperatues reach 50C

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2008 01:46 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
I am grateful that our hearts soften by Allah's swt will.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2008 03:30 PM »

salam

I am grateful for my friend who is ready with a sympathetic ear at insane times of day or night.

I'm grateful for my family, for my gorgeous girls.

For the ability to appreciate that which I have been bestowed.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
nuh
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2008 04:51 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I am grateful that Allah (swt) has given me the gift of life, directed me to the straight path and lead me to a wonderful wife to live out my time in this dunya with.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: