Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 19, 2014 06:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need sleeves!  (Read 3349 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Jul 30, 2008 04:38 AM »

Asalamualaikum

Anyone know where I can get sleeves that you pull on your arms when you are wearing short sleeve or three fourth?  Any online site or anything?

I would really appreciate it!

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2008 10:22 AM »

walaikum assalaam...

i'm sure we have different stuff here in the malls than you guys.  practically every store is selling them... some really nice ones too.

i remember in canada the best place to buy them would be those clubbing stores, where they sell really obscene halter tops and mini skirts that barely cover anything.  i can't remember the name of the stores, but they generally always have sleeves.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2008 10:27 AM »

salam

Goth/emo shops will do them.

failing that try www.simplyislam.co.uk

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2008 01:25 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Any place where they sell hijabs should have them. Also there are couple of online stores.
I have not bought from them but here are few
http://hijablady.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11
http://www.al-muminat.com/hijab-accessories-c-22.html

Wasalam
tq
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2008 05:31 PM »

salaam

JazakAllahu Kair!

Fozia that site is not working? 

Tq ok Almuminat site looks like they have some good ones.. but they seem expensive and there are three diff kinds? Not sure which one would be good?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2008 11:58 AM »

salam

Not sure why its not working for you, try here;

http://www.simplyislam.co.uk/iteminfo.asp?item=56712

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nisa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Nisa has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2008 01:01 PM »

http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56712

it a .com!  should work now inshaAllah
salma
Sis

salma has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2008 04:04 PM »

Salaamalikum,
I bought from Al-muminat and was not impressed. they were very tight and read a review which said they shrink when washed, i recently purchased from ebay and still waiting will inform if they are good.
LeylaNur
Sis

LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2008 09:55 PM »

If you have a sewing machine, they are very easy to make!  oldshaykh

If you need a pair in a pinch.. You could always take some opaque stockings from the dollar store and cut them right at the ankle and then how high you want them to go up your arm. Children's size should keep them from being too loose. You could also do the same with a trouser sock.

Another "last minute solution" would be to buy the footless tights with the lace at the ankles. These you can cut and the end near your wrist will have a 'finished' appearance.

Wishing you the best of luck, but again, if you have a sewing machine, I would advise you to make your own. You could make pairs in every color for less than a dollar with some sale fabric.

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: