// the proper way to pray
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: How long will you keep pounding on an open door Begging for someone to open it? - Rabia al-Adawiyyah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the proper way to pray  (Read 1712 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Aug 01, 2008 04:42 AM »

when postrating during prayer should my knees touch the ground before my hands. I'm a recent convert and it seem easier if my hans touch before my knees, but I want to perform my prayers in the correct manner.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2008 07:54 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

What I have heard from the noble Shaikh Na'eem Araqsoosi, is that there are rulings in worship and otherwise that have not been clearly specified by the religion as a mercy from Allah Most High.  Indeed, Allah is not forgetful. 

Thus, issues such as should the knees touch first or the hands when making prostration are not clearly indicated in the Sunnah as a mercy and one should not emphasize this issue and dispute about it.  Both ways are narrated in the Sunnah and are correct. 

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2008 01:00 AM »

I am  praying since i know myslef for years and years but i am still finding easy my hands first then knees.I have never been told this is wrong .SO both work

This is not one of the major points that  nullifies the prayers even if its done wrong

And as recent revert you are excused more than other long experienced muslems so dont worry

Wa Salam
peaceman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
peaceman has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2008 12:25 PM »

Salam alaikum wrb,

There is a difference in opinion of the ulema, on the interpretaion of the hadith, of not prostrating like a camel; some of the scholars have interpreted this hadith that it is required a person to prostrate with their hands first. Other scholars have interpreted the same exact hadith that it is required to prostrate with the knees first. Many of the people of knowledge have said that one can do either way, what is easiest for a person.

Whichever view one follows, one should respect the views of people that may follow a different view. The discussion of which way is correct should be left to the scholars, who have studied the laws of Islam extensively, and it is not appropriate for a layperson to give a judgement not based on knowledge. One should follow the ulema, who have researched the issue in great detail, and distance oneself from their personal views.

And Allah knows

May Allah increase you in knowledge.
Take a look at my site:  http://www.tajwid.info

Also a good site with several mp3 durus of beneficial knowledge from our ulema, fiqh explaining the book "bulgh Maram" , Q&A, http://www.imamfaisal.com
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2008 10:12 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

Thank you Shaikh Peaceman for your post.  The great Hanbali jurist of the 20th century, Shaikh Ibn Baz, stated:

It is preferable to place one's knees on the ground before the hands when going down for prostration.  If this is not possible, placing the hands first is acceptable.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: