// Overly clean homes may up bowel disease risk
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overly clean homes may up bowel disease risk  (Read 2703 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Aug 02, 2008 05:39 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25968435
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2008 03:26 AM »

salaam,

This is rather interesting. What  qualifies as clean vs. not clean though? Smiley

-peace
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2008 05:34 PM »

salaam

Im not sure, but I think there should be a balance, bc if we overly clean too much all the time we deny our families our time and get stressed out.

Let the kids play, they are kids! they learn and enjoy from their mess, and dont worry what other people think! Other people actually get more stressed when they c a perfectly spotless house bc and start worry about their house.

sorry for being out of subject.

by the way I heard 100percent antibacterial soap ect is also not good !
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2008 07:57 PM »

salaam

Im not sure, but I think there should be a balance, bc if we overly clean too much all the time we deny our families our time and get stressed out.

Let the kids play, they are kids! they learn and enjoy from their mess, and dont worry what other people think! Other people actually get more stressed when they c a perfectly spotless house bc and start worry about their house.

sorry for being out of subject.

I agree that being overly clean is strenuous not only on family members but also one's self. 

by the way I heard 100percent antibacterial soap ect is also not good !

All soaps are 100% antibacterial nowadays!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Faizah
Sis

Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2008 06:39 PM »

Over cleanliness to the point of a sterile environment kills off both the good and bad germs.  Without the good ones the body doesn't function properly and even without a small amount of the bad ones the body cannot build up its natural immunity and thus a person can actually become sicker than they ordinarily would.  I don't think the point of this is the organization vs. disorganization debate although striving for a 100% organized environment can be stressful and rob a person - adult or child - of fun and relaxation which is a necessity in life.  A home is meant to be lived in not set up as a showroom or museum.

Fa'izah

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2008 07:06 PM »

All soaps are 100% antibacterial nowadays!

no? I just started using pure & natural  hand soap. I like it ! Try it if you get a chance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: