Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starbucks frapachino = Mcdonalds shake??  (Read 6275 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Aug 03, 2008 12:31 AM »

Asalamualaikum

Is it just me or does the Starbucks strawberries and cream frapachino taste exactly like the Mcdonalds strawberry shake?
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2008 01:05 AM »

Its just you
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2008 08:07 AM »

lol...

starbucks is too expensive to buy anything from... not to mention the whole shady 'do they support zionism or not' thing.  suspect

mcdonalds vanilla shakes on the other hand... amaaaaaaaaazing that could make my whole month mmmmmm bebzi

p.s. opptimist why aren't u living up to ur name and writing an introduction bro!!!
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2008 02:40 AM »

SORRY Jannah for the delay . I WILL
Faizah
Sis

Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2008 09:52 PM »

Yes Starbucks way overpriced and too many of them.  What was once a periodic treat for people has now become a daily addiction.  I like a good cup of coffee too but I also don't want to pay an "arm and a leg" just to drink it.  I really only want the caffeine boost.  I work up the street from a Stagecoach and across the street from a Starbucks and around the corner from a Dunkin' Donuts but rarely go into any of them.  And is it just me or does the Dunkin' Donuts Orange Coolatta taste like  undiluted orange juice concentrate with extra sugar and extra ice?  But I admit I love it.

Fa'izah
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2008 11:33 PM »

salaam

'too overpriced...expensive'

it helps to have a gift card Tongue  Grin

hmm isnt mcdonalds also accused of supporting zionist ect? ...or no?
Faizah
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2008 10:29 PM »

Can't give up my McDonald's fries.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2008 11:38 PM »

salam

Are you all serious MacD's is rank!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2008 03:02 AM »

fries and milkshake mmm maybe this should be our eid meal first thing after prayer Wink

ws
AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2008 10:22 PM »

peace be upon you

Subhanallah, this thread saved me recently...

A teacher of mine and I tried to set up a brief meeting, since I was in his hometown. I wasn't familiar with the area I was in so he suggested meeting for a cup of coffee so he gave me the directions to a nearby Starbucks since I couldn't miss it for sure.

I don't drink coffee or any of that stuff, ever, but I was the guest so I said great. I've been to Starbucks before but have never ever had anything from there (the times I've been to Starbucks I just would be tagging along to give some company with some coffee-lover who had to get their fix).

When we meet at the Starbucks, he says hope you don't mind us going here (referring to the harambucks and all that). Wink So we go inside and I know that there's no way I can get out of this without getting something because he will insist, and I'm the guest anyways so I don't have much say. So I stare at this menu, with all these weird names. I not only dislike coffee but I don't understand all those different types and stuff. And what's with the sizes? Whatever I would get would be a small, but there is no small. There's "tall" and that is supposedly "small"? ???Strange, the other sizes had even stranger names.

I have no idea what to order. Then, as if through some type of inspiration, my eyes see "Frappuccino strawberries and creme". I think to myself, OK, I have no idea what a frappuccino is (I still don't), but I recognize that name from this thread, and apparently at least one person thinks it tastes like a Mcdonald's strawberry milkshake, so that was good enough for me.

Alhamdulillah, it did taste like a Mcdonald's strawberry milkshake, my teacher enjoyed his coffee and we had I nice conversation and the sacred ties of brotherhood in the ummah were cultivated...

Thanks Madina!!!...

(hey jannah feel free to put this under your testimonials for your website. Another faux pas averted because of themadina.com!)  Wink

peace be upon you Smiley

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Aug 09, 2008 12:40 AM »

(hey jannah feel free to put this under your testimonials for your website. Another faux pas averted because of themadina.com!)  Wink

lol  TheMadina: Saving the world, One awkward moment at a time!

Next time do yourself a favor and order some of those desserts my God they always looked amazing when I went in there with my co-workers, but no courage to actually buy one.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2008 07:10 PM »

salaaam

Quote from: blackrose on August 06, 2008, 05:33:37 PM

Can't give up my McDonald's fries.

looks like I found the answer to my question

http://inminds.com/boycott-israel.html

sister Faizah looks like you are gonna have to start trying!

But seriously that is alot of stuff to boycott, no? and those are not all. It turns out if you press on one of the companies you will find that company also owns many other companies' sheesh

but looks like what they say is true as it seems like they do alot of research on it and include links
Faizah
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2008 11:10 PM »

give .... up..... my...... fries       waaaahhhhhhhh       :'(     i don't wanna   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: